Schedules of trust property, 1941-1955.
Sans titreSchedules of trust property for the Harlesden Circuit and the Harlesden and Willesden Green Circuit, 1939-1942.
Sans titreRecords of the Barking Road Methodist Society, Canning Town, and related churches, 1811-1965: Brunswick Methodist Chapel, Limehouse; Saint George's East Chapel, Cable Street, Poplar; Caledonian Road Chapel; Camden Town; Deptford Circuit; First West London and Second London Circuits; Forest Hill Chapel; Grove Wesleyan Mission; Islington Circuit; Seamen's Mission Circuit; Spitalfields Chapel and Walworth Chapel.
Sans titreRegister of baptisms, 1838-1890; account books, 1784-1800, 1815-1834 and 1850-1861; Steward's account book, 1818-1839; Poor account book, 1822-1832; Minute book of the meetings of the Chapel Committee of Spitalfields Wesleyan Chapel, 1862-1877; Minute book of the meetings of the trustees of Globe Road Chapel, Spitalfields Circuit, 1822-1869.
Sans titreMinute book of the trustees meetings, 1926-1934; correspondence and receipt concerning the minute book, 1927-1928 and register of baptisms, 1848-1932.
Sans titreUnited Methodist Church, London District: treasurer's book, 1908-1933; Treasurer's balance sheets, marked 'Ex United Methodist Church London District', 1932-1934.
Sans titreRegister of marriages, 1914-1940.
Sans titreArchitectural plans, elevations and details of the West London Tabernacle, Holland Park, Kensington, by architects Habershon and Tite of 38 Bloomsbury Square, 1871.
Sans titreRecords of the Aged Poor Society. The records cover an incomplete collection of minute books and annual reports for the Society and Saint Joseph's Alms House, Hammersmith. According to the Society's 'Historic Records' report (1957), no records prior to 1820 have survived.
Despite the gaps in the records, the minutes and reports provide detailed information on the establishment of the almshouses, the use of funds from will bequests, the admission and discharge of aged poor beneficiaries, and the membership and patronage of the Society.
Sans titrePersonal papers and correspondence of John Coakley Lettsom, 1766-1812, including medical papers and pamphlets by Lettsom, newspaper cuttings relating to him, or subjects that interested him. Letters from various correspondents, mainly from the medical profession. The papers reflect his primary interests in 'Quacks and Quackery', clinical medicine, pathology, materia medica, variolation and vaccination. Many relate to the business of the Medical Society of London, of which Lettsom was President. There is also a fragment of an autobiography of his life as a as a student, MS.3245.
Sans titreRecords of the London Central Mission Methodist Circuit, 1866-1976, including records of the circuit itself and the records of the following constituent churches and missions: St. John's Square Church, Clerkenwell (LMA/4008/SJS); Islington Central Methodist Church and its predecessors (LMA/4008/ICMC); Haggerston Church (LMA/4008/HAG); Maidstone Street Church/Harbour Light Church (LMA/4008/MSHL); Camden Street and Camden Town Churches (LMA/4008/CAM); Kings' Cross Mission, Crestfield Street (LMA/4008/KCCM); Kings' Cross Mission, Charlotte Street/Carnegie Street (LMA/4008/KCCS); Caledonian Road Primitive Methodist Church (LMA/4008/CRPM); Caledonian Road Wesleyan Methodist Church (LMA/4008/CRWM); Mayfield Road, Dalston Church (LMA/4008/MRD); Penton Hall/Twyford Hall Church (LMA/4008/PHTH); Railton Road, Herne Hill Church (LMA/4008/RRHH).
Sans titrePapers of Haggerston Methodist Church, 1944-1958, including Trustees minutes; correspondence relating to war damage and proposals for redevelopment in the local area; London County Council plans for redevelopment of Benfleet Place; and correspondence regarding the appointment of a deaconess.
Sans titreRecords of the Archway Road Methodist Church, including register of baptisms, 1865-1897; Leaders' Meeting minute books; financial accounts; Trustees' Meeting minute books; Trustees' correspondence and notes; papers of the Missionary Society and papers of the Sunday School.
Sans titreRecords of Hornsey Road Methodist Church, including registers of baptism, 1843-1939; register of marriages, 1867-1913 and financial accounts.
Sans titreRecords of the Kentish Town Circuit, Methodist Church, 1866-1933, comprising Quarterly Meeting minute book; financial accounts; bills for work carried out and a resolution regarding church members serving in the Armed Forces, 1916.
Sans titreRecords of Winchmore Hill Wesleyan Methodist Church, 1884-1981, including minutes of the Trustees, Finance Committee, Church Choir, Overseas Committee and Sunday School; original building tender for the new church; correspondence relating to the maintenance of the building; church accounts; Seat Rent; Collection Journals; plans and specifications for rebuilding and later developments; orders of service; Year books and magazines; a history of Winchmore Hill Church; Sunday school certificates all awarded to Gladys May Howard for scripture and religious knowledge and 3 Sunday school attendance medals.
Sans titreRegister of marriages for Dalston Congregational Church, Shrubland Road, 1952-1967.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Sidcup Congregational Church, 1919-1976.
Sans titreRegisters of marriage for West Croydon Congregational Church, 1920-1980.
Sans titreRegisters of marriages, South Croydon Congregational Church, South Croydon, 1961-1969.
Sans titreRegisters of marriages, George Street Congregational Church, Croydon, 1957-1962.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Crossway Central Mission Church, Southwark, 1909-1969.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Streatham Hill Congregational Church, Brixton Hill, 1939-1960.
Sans titreRegister of marriages for Balham Congregational Church, Wandsworth, 1952-1977.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Wandsworth Presbyterian Church, Merton Road, 1901-1940.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Stratford Congregational Church, Grove Crescent Road, Stratford, 1914-1939.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Woodford Congregational Church, George Lane, 1934-1981.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Forest Gate Congregational Church, Chester Road, 1913-1973, and its successor Plashet Park United Reformed Church, 1973-1990.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Park Chapel, Crouch End, 1954-1977.
Sans titreRecords of Watling Congregational Church, Mill Hill including marriage registers 1956 - 1980., sunday school cradle roll 1951 to 1956, minutes of church meetings 1939 - 1971, 1984 - 1999, church council 1945 - 1949, combined deacons and church meetings 1952 - 1957, deacon's meetings 1971 - 1984 and elders' meetings 1972 - 1995, cash books from 1926 to 2001 and various photographs.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Deptford Congregational Church, Deptford High Street, 1914-1967.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Trinity Presbyterian Church, Clapham Road, Lambeth, 1911-1956.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Cricklewood Congregational Church, Chichele Road, 1910-1976.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Regent Square Presbyterian Church, Bloomsbury, 1905-1938.
Sans titreMarriage registers for East Finchley Congregational Church, High Road, East Finchley, 1903-1964.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Lancaster Road, Congregational Church, Enfield, 1938-1943.
Sans titreMarriage registers for the Christ Church Institute, Armfield Road, Enfield, 1917-1938.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Alexandra Park Congregational Church, Alexandra Palace, 1929-1940.
Sans titreMarriage registers for Oxendon Presbyterian Church, Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, 1960-1969.
Sans titreRecords of East End Mission [formerly the Wesleyan Mission East] including Quarterly minutes, 1886-1980; Executive Committee minutes, 1938-1973; Finance Committee minutes 1957-1961; General Purposes Committee minutes, 1960-1971; Combined Trustees' minutes, 1942-1966; Christian Service Centre Committee minutes. 1961-1964, Centenary Committee minutes, 1984-1986; Sunday School Council minutes, 1917 - 1943; Slate Club General Committee minutes, 1903 - 1916; issues of 'The East End Magazine' 1894 - 1904; issues of 'The East End Star', monthly newsletter of the London East End Mission, 1928 - 1961; issues of 'The Star', East End Mission newspaper, 1961 - 1992; issues of 'Quest and Conquest: the Journal of the East London Mission', 1928 - 1930; 'The Tuberculous Homeless Alcoholic' by Eugene W. Morse, 1978; 'Zebra Project: A Bow Mission Project. The First Ten Years', 1985; booklet '1885-1985 East End Mission - Centenary Year', 1985; file of images used to illustrate Mission publications, 193- - 194-.
Records of United Methodist Free Church Third London Circuit, including Quarterly minutes, 1868-1889; Trustees' meeting minutes, 1863-1873; Sunday School teachers' meeting minutes, 1872. Records of Bethnal Green Circuit, including Quarterly minutes, 1881-1893.
Records of Saint George's, Cable Street including register of baptisms,1839-1911; Leaders' Meeting minutes and accounts, 1839-1957; Committee minutes, 1875-1879; Lay Mission Committee minutes, 1872-1885, Young Men's Bible Class minutes. Records of Stepney Central Hall, Commercial Road (formerly 'Seamen's Chapel'), including Committee minutes, 1887-1882; Leaders' Meeting minutes, 1908-1962, 'Spitalfields Project' report, 1992. Records of Lycett Chapel, Mile End Road, including register of baptisms, 1872-1947; Leaders' Meeting minutes, 1925-1962; programmes and flyers; photographs of Chapel interior. Records of Pigott Street, Limehouse, including United Methodist Free Church Chapel Trust Committee, 1878-1915; Pigott Street Mutual Improvement Society minutes, 1883-1884. Records of Gordon Hall, Globe Road, Mile End, including register of baptisms, 1838-1958; register of marriages, 1915-1953, and Leaders' Meeting minutes, 1868-1922. Records of Edinburgh Castle, Rhodeswell Road, including register of baptisms, 1934-1959; income journal, 1948-1959; expenditure journal, 1948-1949, and service of commemoration for Dr Thomas Barnardo, 1955. Records of Bethnal Green Central Hall (Approach Road), including Trust deeds and related papers; notices for opening and dedication.
Sans titreThe collection consists of records relating to the Dietrich Bonhoeffer Church and other German Churches in London, 1852-1998: Saint Georg (Alie Street, London E1), Saint Paul (Goulston Street, London E1), Camberwell Church (Denmark Hill SE5), Saint Marien (Sandwich Street, WC1) and Brighton Church. The greater part of the collection originated from Pastor Dr Julius Rieger (reponsible for the parish 1945-1953) and Pastor Wallman who assisted Rieger from 1951. The records also include the archives of the Camberwell Church which closed in 1914.
The collection includes papers relating to Church Constitution and meetings; Council correspondence; relations with the church in Germany; pastoral correspondence; Parish history and statistics; papers relating to staff including Pastors and Curates; registers of baptisms, confirmations, weddings and burials, 1876-1977; records of services held; hymn books, prayer books and sermons; records of different Church organisations and societies; newsletters; correspondence with German prisoners-of-war, correspondence regarding the organisation of aid for prisoners of war and prisoner of war camp newspapers and newsletters, Second World War; correspondence regarding the organisation of aid for refugees, Second World War; correspondence regarding aid for post-Second World War Germany; papers regarding the welfare of German immigrants in Great Britain; financial and legal papers relating to property; papers relating to Church buildings and Vicarage buildings.
Papers relating to other German congregations including registers of baptisms, confirmations, marriages and deaths for the Camberwell Church, 1854-1914; administrative papers of the Camberwell Church; papers relating to other German churches both in London and Great Britain; papers relating to work with other Lutheran churches and the Union of Lutheran churches; reports, conference papers and correspondence from the German-speaking Evangelical Synod in Great Britain; correspondence and other papers from the Geistlicher Rat (Lutheran Council); papers regarding relations with other churches and copies of the Inter-congregational newsletter.
Publications including pamphlets, newsletters, booklets and press cuttings; photographs of Pastors, church members and church buildings.
Sans titreRecords of Silvertown Presbyterian Church including Court of Session minute books, 1897-1940; Deacons' Court minute books, 1881-1940; Sunday school minute book, 1937-1940; Communicants' roll books, 1907-1940; register of baptisms, 1883-1938 and conveyance of six plots of land situated in Silvertown, in the parish of West Ham, in the county of Essex, 1882.
Sans titreRecords of Muswell Hill Presbyterian Church including Church meeting minute book, 1972-1973; Court of Session minute books, 1949-1973; Deacon's Court minute books, 1898-1972; Managers' minute book, Red Lion Hill Mission (includes correspondence), 1916-1924; Missionary Committee minute book, 1919-1948; Church year books, 1949-1951; and register of baptisms, 1899-1973.
Sans titreRecords of the Albion Chapel including Congregation minute books, 1842-1874; Court of Session minute book, 1825-1875; register of baptisms, 1817-1875 and Deed of Settlement, 1800, between Wells Street and Miles Lane congregations.
Sans titreRecords of Camden Road Presbyterian Church including Communicants' roll book, 1925-1941; register of baptisms, 1868-1940; Court of Session minute books, 1925-1942; Deacons' Court minute book, 1935-1942; annual reports, 1881-1903.
Sans titreRecords of Goldington Crescent Presbyterian Church, later Somers Town Presbyterian Church, including Court of Session minute books, 1884-1953; Manager's Court minute books, 1884-1910; Annual reports, 1876-1915; Communicants' roll books, 1875-1953; register of baptisms, 1874-1951 and Treasurer's account book, 1875-1902. The Annual Report for 1881 includes a history of the church, 1843-1881.
Sans titreRecords of Highgate Presbyterian Church, comprising Board of Management minute book, 1888-1925 and annual reports, 1888-1918.
Sans titreRecords of Victoria Docks Presbyterian Church comprising Treasurer's account book, 1911-1912.
Sans titreScrapbooks containing newspaper cuttings, correspondence, photographs and printed material relating to the church, 1890-1813 and interior and exterior photographs of the church building, 20th century.
Sans titreRecords of Willesden Presbyterian Church, later Saint Margaret Presbyterian Church, comprising Deacons' Court minute book, 1910-1922 and annual reports, 1883-1927.
Sans titre