Parish of St Mark, Hanwell , Church of England

Identity area

Authorized form of name

Parish of St Mark, Hanwell , Church of England

Description area

History

The church of Saint Mark, Lower Boston Road, Hanwell, was constructed in 1879 in a Decorated style and was initially used as a chapel of ease to the parishes of Saint Mary and Saint Mellitus. The church was assigned its own parish in 1919 with the Bishop of London as patron.

From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 230-233.