Parish of St Matthew, Bayswater , Church of England

Identity area

Authorized form of name

Parish of St Matthew, Bayswater , Church of England

Description area

History

Bayswater Chapel was constructed in 1818, designed by T Cooper. It was renamed Saint Matthew's in 1858, and the building was altered in the same year. In 1881-82 a new, larger building was constructed that could seat 350 more people.