Zona de identificação
Tipo de entidade
Forma autorizada do nome
Parish of St Thomas, Kensal Road, North Kensington , Church of England
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome
Formas normalizadas do nome de acordo com outras regras
Outra(s) forma(s) de nome
identificadores para entidades coletivas
Área de descrição
Datas de existência
Histórico
The original church of Saint Thomas was built in 1889 to the designs of Demaine and Brierley of York. The site was purchased by trustees of the Bishop of London's Church Building Fund for £800 and a large of part of the building's expenses was paid for from funds which had accrued from the amalgamation in 1886 of the benefice of Saint Thomas in the Liberty of the Rolls and that of Saint Dunstan's in the West.
During World War Two the church was severely damaged by enemy action. In 1951 the benefice was united with that of Saint Andrew and Saint Philip Goldborne Road and in 1967 Saint Thomas's was completely rebuilt to the designs of Romilly B. Craze.