Papers, 1840-1862, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising abstract of title, a mortgage and associated correspondence for Number 27 Wolsey Terrace, Kentish Town, and abstract of title of Brentford Union Board of Guardians to parish workhouse and adjoining land in Twickenham.
Sans titrePapers collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising a counterpart lease for a messuage in James Street, Covent Garden, 1779 and probate of will of Frances Caswall formerly of Abingdon Street, Westminster, now of Alvescot, spinster, made 20 April 1818, proved 1821.
Sans titreRecords of the London Liberal Party, including minutes and accounts of the London Liberal Foundation; minutes of the Holborn Liberal Association; minutes of the Peckham and Camberwell Liberal Association; and financial accounts of the Willesden East Liberal Association.
Sans titrePapers, 1868-1941, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, mainly documents relating to the business of Wyndham Hewitt Limited of The Causeway, Staines and 9 Clement's Lane, Lombard Street, City of London; including letters patent and other documents relating to inventions for improvements in generating machines and extractor fans by Henry F. Joel; and business agreements between Wyndham Hewitt and other businesses including Lagonda Motors Limited.
Sans titreThis collection consists of deeds and other property records of the Heming and Vaughan families of Hillingdon. The documents include marriage settlement, title deeds, tax assessment, papers relating to enclosure and copies of Acts of Parliaments. Properties mentioned include plantations in Jamaica and premises in Uxbridge, Hillingdon and Hendon.
Sans titrePapers, 1869-1903, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising deeds and legal documents relating to properties in Deptford, Lambeth and Paddington including assignments, abstract of title, and sales particulars.
Sans titrePapers, 1868-1929, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising deeds and legal documents relating to properties in Bethnal Green and Upper Holloway including sales particulars, leases, deeds of covenant and probate of will.
Sans titreRecords of Bull and Bull, solicitors, including financial accounts such as ledgers, cash books, journals, disbursements and petty cash; and letter books.
Sans titrePapers, 1907-1923, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising deeds and legal documents relating to properties in Deans Road, Seward Road, Cuckoo Lane and Park Road (at one time Cowper Road), Hanwell and St Kilda Road, Ealing; including conveyances and mortgages.
Sans titreRecords relating to property owned by the Thames Iron Works in Greenwich, Deptford and West Ham.
Also papers of the Ellis family concerning premises at Hornsey, Stoke Newington and Hackney, London, Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire and Nelson and Wellington, New Zealand.
Sans titrePapers of the Wood family of Littleton relating to property owned by the family in Ealing, Acton and Hanwell.
Sans titreRecords of the Manor of Dunsford, Wandsworth, including court books, conveyances, declarations, mortgages, enfranchisements, maps and plans.
Sans titrePapers, 1607-1806, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising deeds and legal documents relating to estates in Mile End owned by Magdalene College, Cambridge, including leases, assignments of leases, probate copy of wills and asbstract of title of John Groome to the estates.
Sans titreRecords of the Saint Pancras Lime Company, 1773-1799, comprising minute books of the General Meetings of Proprietors of the Joint Stock and of the Committee and accounts of payments and receipts from the Joint Stock.
Sans titrePapers, 1792-1887, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising deeds and legal documents relating to numbers 102 and 104 (formerly 544) New Oxford Street, including lease, assignments of lease and order of the Metropolitan Board of Works for the Saint Giles District to change the numbers of the houses of William and George Law to 102 and 104 New Oxford Street. Also deeds relating to numbers 185, 186 and 187 High Holborn including leases, conveyances, mortgages and assignments of lease.
Sans titrePapers, 1935-1949, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising abstract of title of Arthur Whittingham to numbers 1, 3, 5 and 7 Fulbrook Road, Upper Holloway, 1935; agreement for tenancy of 404 Church Street, Bush Hill, 1940 and schedule of deeds and papers relating to Church Street.
Sans titrePapers, 1867-1910, collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising deeds and legal documents relating to 557 Lordship Lane, Dulwich, including leases, mortgages, assignments of lease, conveyances and covenant to produce deeds.
Sans titrePrinted memorandum from Office of Works and Public Buildings about the Longford River, brought from Colne to supply Hampton Court Palace, including maps.
Sans titreRecords of the Pollock family relating to their property in Harlington, Feltham, Isleworth, East Bedfont, Hatton, Hammersmith, Hanwell, Harrow and Stanwell.
Sans titreRecords of Poplar House, Stanwell Moor, Staines, including farm account books, farm diaries, note of sales and bills.
Sans titrePapers collected by the solicitors in the course of their work, comprising lease with plan for land in Thames Street, Greenwich, near New Horse Ferry, 1819; counterpart lease for six houses in Thames Street, Greenwich, with plan, 1839; conveyance by devisee of numbers 23-25 Thames Street, Greenwich, Rose and Crown public house, numbers 3-6 Thames Street and numbers 2-4 Norway Street, Greenwich, 1860 and probate of will of Robert Worth, No 3 Bexley Place, Greenwich, gentleman, 1873.
Sans titreRecords of the Dyot family relating to their estate in the parish of St Giles in the Fields, Holborn, including deed, lease, abstract of title, and plans.
Sans titrePardon for prisoners at Millbank Prison, 1828.
Sans titreRecords of Lee and Pembertons, solicitors, 1882-1953, including bills of costs; a series of bundles consisting of draft bills of costs each followed by the relevant copy out-letters; general copy out-letter books kept in chronological order and indexed by correspondent; files of correspondence relating to the maintenance of the Eyre Estate, arranged alphabetically by street name; Counsels' fee books; share ledger and general office files.
Sans titreRecords of the Linoleum Manufacturing Company, 1863-1949, including eight general meeting minute books (also containing balance sheets and trading accounts (profit and loss accounts from 1895), lists of shareholders and stockholders, creditors and debtors, investments and bills receivable); office papers; cards giving linoleum gauges and weights, rubber cloths gauges and weights and linoleum mean figures; and photographs of the offices, a French linoleum factory, a linoleum design and Frederick Walton seated at a desk.
Sans titreRecords of Edwin Ashdown Ltd, 1890-1955, including minute book, agenda books, register of debentures, plate books of bibliographical interest arranged by name of composer (with annotations covering 1898-1968), a catalogue and lists of publications and distribution book.
Also records of Enoch and Sons Ltd, comprising minute book with agenda papers, 1927-1936.
Sans titreRecords of Ferris Brothers Limited, 1900-1955, including letter books containing mainly estimates and related correspondence; work day books recording brief details of work being done, job by job, together with costs; wages books; and plans including Acton High Street, 1919; Acton Hospital, 1935 and Upper Street, Islington, 1935.
Sans titreRecords relating to property in Hornsey, Shoreditch, Old Street, Clerkenwell, Holborn, St Marylebone, St Pancras, Westminster, Bloomsbury and the City of London.
Sans titrePapers collected by the Chief Education Officer for Middlesex, including: An Act for Repairing the Roads in the Parishes of Kensington, Chelsea, and Fulham, and other Parishes, 1726; An Act for repairing the Highways from that part of Counters-Bridge which lies in the parish of Kensington, in the County of Middlesex, to Cranford-Bridge, in the Road to Colnbrooke, 1738; An Act for improving the Navigation of the River Lee, from the Town of Hertford to the new Cut or River made by the Mayor, Commonalty, and Citizens of London; and for enabling the Governor and Company of the New River the better to supply the Cities of London and Westminster, and the Liberties and Suburbs thereof, with good and wholesome Water, 1739; An Act for repairing the Roads in the Parishes of Kensington, Chelsea, and Fulham, and other Parishes; and for repairing some other Roads in the Parishes of St. George, and the said Parishes of Kensington and Chelsea, 1740; An Act for Building a Bridge cross the River of Thames, from Hampton Court in the County of Middlesex, to East Moulsey in the County of Surrey, 1750; An Act of Parliament to continue and render more effectual three Acts for repairing the Highways between Tyburn and Uxbridge, and for amending the Road leading from Brent Bridge to the Great Western Road in the said County, and for lighting, watching, and watering the Highway between Tyburn and Kensington Gravel Pits, 1769; laws relating to the Turnpike Roads, 1772; Brentford-Turnpike Acts of Parliament, with a correct list of the trustees, 1815; The General Turnpike Road Acts, passed 1822 and 1823; and the act passed for repairing the Middlesex and Essex Turnpike Roads, 1824.
Also pamphlets "Istleworth - Syons Peace. Containing Certain Articles of Agreement made between the Right Honourable Algernoone Earl of Northumberland, etc. Lord of the Mannor of Istleworth - Syon, Peter Dodsworth, Hugh Potter and Robert Scawen, Esquires, of the One Part; and Sir Thomas Ingram knight, Sir Thomas Nott Knight, Sir John Syddenham Baronet, and others, Copy-hold Tenants of the said Mannor, of the Other Part", 1657; "The Case of the Taxes and Assessments raised upon the County of Middlesex", 1734; "To the inhabitants of (in and about) Hillington Parish Proposals For forming Charity Children", 17--; "The Case of the Late Election for the County of Middlesex considered", 1769; "A Catalogue of the classic contents of Strawberry Hill", 1842.
Also maps: Robert Morden map of Middlesex, 1695?; John Seller map of Middlesex, 1700?; R. W. Seale map of Middlesex, 1750?; John Cary map of Middlesex, 1787?; map of Middlesex made to accompany book "The Beauties of England and Wales", by G. Cole (draughtsman) and J. Roper (engraver), 1807; "London and the Suburbs", Edward Stanford, 1862 (20 sheets held in a portfolio).
Sans titreSeal of the Burial Board of Ealing, dating to after 1858, the date of the formation of the Board.
Sans titreRecord of the Enfield Old Chapel [Zion Chapel?], comprising printed notice of two sermons to be preached by the Reverend John Stribling, 1834.
Sans titreRecords of Edgware and Little Stanmore Lighting Committee, 1895-1928, including account book, letter books and maps.
Records of Edgware Parish Council, 1888-1928, including valuation list, letter book, account book and councillor's declarations.
Records of Little Stanmore Parish Council, 1894-1931, including minute books, valuation lists and member's declarations on taking office.
Sans titreRecords of the Staines Congregational Church, Thames Street, 1802-1955, including release in fee for parcel of land at Staines with newly built meeting house of the protestant dissenters known as Independents, 1802, with further endorsements relating to the appointment of new trustees, 1803-1867; mortgage for the Independent Chapel and yard, 1838; further mortgages and conveyances for the Independent Chapel, 1845-1879; appointment of new trustees, 1902 and 1923 and certificate issued to the Congregational (Independent) Church, Thames Street, Staines certifying it as a place of meeting for religious worship, 1925.
Sans titreLocal Preachers' Meeting Minute Book containing minutes of quarterly meetings of local preachers of the Tottenham Circuit, 13 June 1910 - 4 December 1936; the Tottenham and Enfield Circuit, 5 March 1937 - 30 May 1941; and the Enfield Circuit, 5 September 1941 - 2 June 1944.
Please note that by the standard terms of deposit of the Methodist Church documents less than 60 years old (except pulpit notices, handbills, and other items already made public) are not to be produced without permission of the Superintendent Minister of the Circuit.
Sans titreSolicitors' correspondence relating to Hampton Wick Roman Catholic Church, dealing with a mortgage on the property and with Land Value Duties, 1909-1912, including three letters from the Right Reverend Monsignor Maurice E. Carton de Wiart, Treasurer to the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster.
Sans titreRecords of the Ferme Park Baptist Church, Crouch End, including copies of trust deeds, 1873-1933; minutes and papers of Chapel building committee and other committees, 1883-1900; Deacons' Meeting minutes, 1889-1970; Deacons' General Purposes Committee, 1920-1926; Church Meeting minutes, 1889-1969; Church Meeting membership records, 1889-1898; Church Meeting finance, 1924-1972; Sunday School minutes and papers, 1897-1955; Young People's Christian Union minutes and papers, 1911-1934; Social Guild minutes and papers, 1929-1959; Visiting Committee minutes, 1940-1964; Year Books, 1892-1964; magazines and Church newsletters, 1898-1973; pamphlets, press cuttings, service sheets and programmes, 1888-1946 and photographs and slides, 1890s-1973.
Sans titrePrinted bye-laws with respect to new streets and buildings in the Urban District of Southgate, 1898.
Sans titreRegisters of marriage, 1952-1965.
Sans titreRegisters of marriage, 1943-1973.
Sans titreRegisters of marriages, 1942-1969.
Sans titreRegister of marriages, 1961.
Sans titreRegisters of marriages, 1906-1939.
Sans titreRecords of the Park Chapel, Hornsey, including declaration of trust and deeds; Deacons' Meeting minutes; Church Meeting minutes; Church registers of attendance; service sheets; financial records; papers relating to buildings and property; correspondence; papers relating to societies including the Sunday School and Dorcas Society; papers relating to the choir; papers relating to Hornsey British School; Church magazines and year books; plans; photographs; printed material; papers relating to the Blenheim Road Mission; papers relating to the Grove Mission and registers of marriages and baptisms at the Mount View Chapel, 1887-1913.
Sans titreRecords of the German Reformed Saint Paul's Church, 1701-1820, including resolutions of King Frederick I of Prussia, petitions and correspondence relating to finding a site for the church and appointing and paying a chaplain, 1701-1791 and address of condolence on deaths of George III and Duke of Kent, 1820.
Sans titrePreaching plans and directories for Methodist circuits, 1954-1980, including the Blackheath and Lewisham Circuit, the Enfield and Acton Circuit, the Enfield Circuit, the Finsbury Park and Southgate Circuit, the Hackney Mission Circuit, the Hammersmith Circuit, the Highgate Circuit, the Lambeth Mission Circuit, the London Mission North and Central Circuit, the London Streatham and Dulwich Circuit, the Richmond and Hounslow Circuit, the Shooters Hill Circuit, the Sydenham and Forest Hill Circuit, the Teddington Circuit, the Tottenham and Stoke Newington Circuit, the Wembley and Golders Green Circuit, the West London Circuit, the Whitechapel Mission and the London North East District. Also issues of the Methodist Central Hall newsletter, 'Outlook'.
Sans titreCircuit plan for Brentford Methodist Circuit, 1924-1925.
Sans titrePapers relating to Old Ford Methodist Church, including correspondence relating to the construction of the church and the appointment of trustees, 1870-1920; deeds, 1868-1910; insurance policies, 1880-1896; register of baptisms, 1871-1925 and minute books of meetings of Trustees, 1871-1976.
Sans titreRecords of the Shirley Street Methodist Church, Canning Town, comprising minutes of meetings of Trustees 1873-1957.
Sans titrePapers relating to Chrisp Street Methodist Church comprising correspondence relating to the closure and sale of church and school premises by the trustees, 1934-1935.
Sans titreRecords relating to the Custom House Methodist Church, Frederick Street, comprising correspondence concerning repairs and renovations and a loan from the White Loan Fund, 1931-1932; list of rules of the Men's Club, 1931, and an invitation to the first meeting, 9 Jan 1931; and memorandum of appointment of new trustees for the Custom House Church and premises, 3 Sept 1931.
Sans titre