Palmers Green and Southgate Synagogue

Zone d'identification

Forme autorisée du nom

Palmers Green and Southgate Synagogue

Zone de description

Historique

The Palmers Green and Southgate Synagogue originated in meetings held in private houses from the 1920s onwards, at which time it was known as the Palmers Green Hebrew Congregation. The community became affiliated with the United Synagogue in 1934, while a permanent synagogue was constructed in 1936, and was known as Palmers Green and Southgate District Synagogue. The building was badly damaged in 1944 but was rebuilt in 1947.