Zona de identificação
Tipo de entidade
Forma autorizada do nome
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome
Formas normalizadas do nome de acordo com outras regras
Outra(s) forma(s) de nome
identificadores para entidades coletivas
Área de descrição
Datas de existência
Histórico
Built of Bath stone in the early English style, Holy Trinity Church was consecrated on 2 June 1855. Created out of part of the ancient parish of Streatham, the establishment of the parish was the work of John Richard Nicholl, rector of Streatham for 61 years (he was also instrumental in the foundation of 17 other churches.) Upper Tooting in 1855 was a village of about 1000 people and Canon Nicholl was strongly criticised for building a church capable of seating 650. His confidence, however, was justified for in less than 40 years the population rose to over 10,000. The flourishing parish established a mission district in the early 1880's and on 10 March 1931 the parish church of Saint Augustine was consecrated making the mission district a parish in its own right.