Área de identidad
Tipo de entidad
Forma autorizada del nombre
Parish of St Chrysostom, Peckham , Church of England
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre
Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas
Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre
Identificadores para instituciones
Área de descripción
Fechas de existencia
Historia
The church was originally built in 1814 as a chapel of ease to Saint Giles, the main parish church, to serve the new estates being created in Peckham as the area started to expand. However, the parish was not actually created until 1865.
In 1960 the church became part of the united parish of Saint Chrysostom and Saint Jude (P73/JUD). However, its deteriorating condition meant that it had to be demolished in 1963. Between 1963-1966, marriages were solemnised at Saint Andrew with All Saints (P73/ALL1, P73/AND). In 1966, the parish name was changed to Saint John, Peckham upon completion of the building of the church complex on the corner of Meeting House Lane and Springall Street.