Zone d'identification
Type d'entité
Forme autorisée du nom
Parish of St Mary of Eton, Hackney Wick , Church of England
forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
Dates d’existence
Historique
A mission financed by Eton College was originally founded in Malford Street over an undertaker's shop. In 1884 an iron church was erected, and in 1892 a new church was built to the designs of E.F. Bodley, with funds provided by Eton college. In 1893 the mission becamea parish, comprising the parishes of Saint Augustine and Saint Barnabas. The church was enlarged and a tower added in 1911-1912.
Eton House was built in a Tudor style to accommodate clerical and lay staff and visiting Etonians. The church was badly damaged by a V1 rocket in 1944. In 1953 the parish was united with Saint Augustine, Victoria Park. The patronage still rests with Eton mission trustees.