Área de identidad
Tipo de entidad
Forma autorizada del nombre
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre
Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas
Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre
Identificadores para instituciones
Área de descripción
Fechas de existencia
Historia
The first recorded mention of St Magnus the Martyr is in 1067. The present church was rebuilt in 1671-76. The parish of St Margaret New Fish Street was united with St Magnus the Martyr following the destruction of their church in the Great Fire of 1666.
Saint Michael Crooked Lane is first mentioned in 1271. It was extended in the 14th century by William Walworth, the Lord Mayor who stabbed rebel Wat Tyler. The church was burned down during the Great Fire of London in 1666; but was rebuilt by Wren in 1684-89. In 1831 the church was demolished as part of the construction of King William Street and the parish was also united with St Magnus the Martyr.
Information from The London Encyclopaedia, eds. Weinreb and Hibbert (LMA Library Reference 67.2 WEI).