Zona de identificação
Tipo de entidade
Forma autorizada do nome
Parish of St Philip, Kensington , Church of England
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome
Formas normalizadas do nome de acordo com outras regras
Outra(s) forma(s) de nome
identificadores para entidades coletivas
Área de descrição
Datas de existência
Histórico
Saint Philip's began as a small chapel in 1842 on the corner of Warwick and Pembroke Gardens. It was origanally used by the local poor as a place for them to worship. When a more permanant location was selected it was closer to the wealthy area of Edwardes and Pembroke Square. The funds for the new church were raised through donations from the congregation and from the curate of Saint Barnabas, Joseph Claxton, who later became the first vicar. The architect for the church was Thomas Johnson, who was Claxton's father-in-law. The church was consecrated on 6th May 1857.
Source: Starren, Carolyn. The Kensington Book. London: Historical Publications, 2006.