Identificatie
Soort entiteit
Geauthoriseerde naam
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Aandere naamsvormen
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
Beschrijving
Bestaansperiode
Geschiedenis
The parish of Saint Saviour, Battersea Park Road was created out of the old parish of Christ Church, Battersea Park Road. The foundation stone of the church was laid 4th January 1870 and the church was consecrated by the bishop of Winchester 19th October 1871. A district was assigned to Saint Saviour by Order in Council 13th February 1872. The vicarage house was built in 1880.
Three church halls were acquired by the parish at different stages in its history - Orkney Street Hall, Saint Saviour's Hall and Saint Saviour's Institute. Saint Saviour's Institute was sold in 1930 and the other two halls were sold in the 1980's when the church was converted to provide meeting rooms and a place of worship.
In 1880, the management of Christ Church, Battersea Park National School, built in 1866 within the parish of Christ Church, was transferred to Saint Saviour. The collection includes a few records of the school mainly relating to the transfer of management.