Identificatie
Soort entiteit
Geauthoriseerde naam
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Aandere naamsvormen
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
Beschrijving
Bestaansperiode
Geschiedenis
A History of the County of Middlesex notes that "in the Middle Ages most of [Stanwell] lay in open fields, but nearly all the land west of Stanwellmoor and that around Hammonds Farm was inclosed by the mid-18th century. Borough Field, to the north and west of the manor-house, and another small field nearby were inclosed in 1771 by the lord of the manor, when he diverted a footpath across them away from his house. Most of the area south of Stanwell and West Bedfont villages remained open until 1792. ... The remaining open fields and commons were inclosed in 1792, and orchards and marketgardens began to spread over the parish in the second half of the 19th century".
From: 'Stanwell: Introduction', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 33-36. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22238&strquery=clos Date accessed: 25 August 2010.