Collection GB 0074 DRO/101 - SAINT PETER, EALING: MOUNT PARK, EALING

Identity area

Murojaat kodi

GB 0074 DRO/101

Sarlavha

SAINT PETER, EALING: MOUNT PARK, EALING

Sanalar

  • 1750-1993 (Yaratish)

Tavsif darajasi

Collection

Hajm va tashuvchi

4.77 linear metres (256 documents).

Kontekst soha

Yaratuvchi nomi

Biografik tarixi

In 1882, the temporary iron church of St Andrew was erected in Mount Park Road in the northern part of the parish of Christ Church, Ealing. The priest-in-charge was William Petty, curate of Christ Church. In 1889, the dedication was changed to St Peter, in order to avoid confusion with the nearby newly built Presbyterian church of St. Andrew. Due to the increasing population of the area, a larger, permanent church was soon needed and in 1891 the building of the present church, designed by John Dando Sedding, was begun on land adjoining the temporary church site. The church was consecrated by the bishop of London, 15th July 1893, and the formation of the new parish was ratified by Order in Council, 27th July 1894. William Petty was instituted to the living, 25th November 1894. After building, considerable improvements were made to the church, most notably with the building of the organ in 1894 and the addition of the lady chapel in 1913. In 1956, following a fire, the sanctuary was restored. Certain features of Sedding's original design, however, in particular a tower and spire on the North transept, were never executed due to lack of money. The vicarage was built in 1910 and the parish hall in Hillcroft Crescent in 1923. The Hillcroft Crescent site was subsequently sold and a new church centre built, 1977-80. In 1988, St Barnabas, St. Peter, St. Stephen, Ealing Group Ministry was formed.

Arxiv muassasasi

Arxiv tarixi

GB 0074 DRO/101 1750-1993 Collection 4.77 linear metres (256 documents). Parish of St Peter, Ealing , Church of England

In 1882, the temporary iron church of St Andrew was erected in Mount Park Road in the northern part of the parish of Christ Church, Ealing. The priest-in-charge was William Petty, curate of Christ Church. In 1889, the dedication was changed to St Peter, in order to avoid confusion with the nearby newly built Presbyterian church of St. Andrew. Due to the increasing population of the area, a larger, permanent church was soon needed and in 1891 the building of the present church, designed by John Dando Sedding, was begun on land adjoining the temporary church site. The church was consecrated by the bishop of London, 15th July 1893, and the formation of the new parish was ratified by Order in Council, 27th July 1894. William Petty was instituted to the living, 25th November 1894. After building, considerable improvements were made to the church, most notably with the building of the organ in 1894 and the addition of the lady chapel in 1913. In 1956, following a fire, the sanctuary was restored. Certain features of Sedding's original design, however, in particular a tower and spire on the North transept, were never executed due to lack of money. The vicarage was built in 1910 and the parish hall in Hillcroft Crescent in 1923. The Hillcroft Crescent site was subsequently sold and a new church centre built, 1977-80. In 1988, St Barnabas, St. Peter, St. Stephen, Ealing Group Ministry was formed.

Records deposited in December 1994; with a further accession in February 2003.

Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Ealing, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials and church services; papers of the incumbent relating to the work of the clergy; papers regarding church personnel; parish boundaries; papers regarding the construction and maintenance of church buildings and the churchyard; churchwardens' papers; records relating to parish administration and finance, charities, societies and clubs; and printed material.

The collection includes four items relating to the temporary iron church: a baptism register, 1882-93 (DRO/101/1), a preacher's book, 1882-93 (DRO/101/16), vestry minutes, 1882-93 (DRO/101/134) and churchwardens' accounts, 1889-93 (DRO/101/131). The rest, and bulk of the collection, relates to the permanent church of St. Peter. Of particular note are three scrapbooks (DRO/101/249-251), compiled by the parish after 1989, of various important items relating to the history of the parish.

DRO/101/001-038: Parish Registers; DRO/101/039-267: Other Parish Records.

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

English

Fit.

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

March to April 2010. Church records and registers Burial registers Baptism registers Religions Ancient religions Christianity Protestantism Anglicanism Church of England Religious institutions Religious organizations Religious charities Government Public administration Local government Administrative units Parishes Ecclesiastical parishes Churchwardens records Information sources Documents Parish records Marriage registers Primary documents Church architecture Architecture Churches Religious buildings Buildings Church services Religious practice Religious activities Church societies Churchwardens Laity Religious groups Religion Parish of St Peter , Ealing , Church of England London England UK Western Europe Europe Ealing (district) Ealing Middlesex Burial records Legal documents Catholicism

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Records deposited in December 1994; with a further accession in February 2003.

Content and structure area

Qamrov va mazmun

Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Ealing, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials and church services; papers of the incumbent relating to the work of the clergy; papers regarding church personnel; parish boundaries; papers regarding the construction and maintenance of church buildings and the churchyard; churchwardens' papers; records relating to parish administration and finance, charities, societies and clubs; and printed material.

The collection includes four items relating to the temporary iron church: a baptism register, 1882-93 (DRO/101/1), a preacher's book, 1882-93 (DRO/101/16), vestry minutes, 1882-93 (DRO/101/134) and churchwardens' accounts, 1889-93 (DRO/101/131). The rest, and bulk of the collection, relates to the permanent church of St. Peter. Of particular note are three scrapbooks (DRO/101/249-251), compiled by the parish after 1989, of various important items relating to the history of the parish.

Baholash, o`chirish va rejalashtirish

Kelib tushgan hujjatlar

Kelishuv tizimi

DRO/101/001-038: Parish Registers; DRO/101/039-267: Other Parish Records.

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Language of material

  • English

Hujjat grafikasi

  • Latin

Language and script notes

English

Fizik xususiyatlar va texnik talablar.

Finding aids

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Aloqador materiallar sohasi

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Aloqador tavsif birliklari

Aloqador tavsiflari

Izohlar sohasi

Alternativ identifikator(lar)

Foydalanish nuqtalari

Joylar

Nomlar

Turlari

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

London Metropolitan Archives

Qo`llanilgan qoidalar va/yoki kelishuvlar

Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Alifbo (belgilar)

    Manbalar

    Ro`yxatga olish sohasi