Zone d'identification
Type d'entité
Forme autorisée du nom
Westminster Bridge Commissioners
forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
Dates d’existence
Historique
The first Westminster Bridge was built by Commissioners under the Act of 9 George II, c.29 (1736) and the amending Act, 10 George c.16, of the following year; it was designed by Charles Labelye. The first stone was laid on 29 January 1739 and the bridge completed in November 1750. After 1831, however, the structure became dangerous, and a new bridge, designed by Thomas Page, replaced it in 1862. The work was paid for partly out of the funds of the Westminster Bridge Commissioners, partly by a Parliamentary Grant. The bridge was transferred to the Metropolitan Board of Works in accordance with the London Parks and Works Act, 1887.