Material visual

Área de elementos

Taxonomía

Código

Nota(s) sobre el alcance

    Mostrar nota(s)

      Términos jerárquicos

      Material visual

      Términos equivalentes

      Material visual

        Términos asociados

        Material visual

        1080 Descripción archivística resultados para Material visual

        1046 resultados directamente relacionados Excluir términos relacionados
        CUNLIFFE, Dr Percy Walmsey (1898-1992)
        GB 0099 KCLMA Cunliffe P W · [1915-1922], 1927-1928, 1931-1932, 1955, 1990

        Papers relating to his service in the Royal Naval Air Service and RAF, 1917-1918, dated 1917-1918, 1955, 1990, principally comprising log-book covering his flights in the UK, 1917-1918; photographs of aircraft and personnel, including Cunliffe. Texts and notes for lectures relating to photography, 1927, 1928, 1931, 1932. Photographs of Cunliffe in his service uniform and with colleagues from King's College London, [1915-1922].

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Dalison · Created [1914-1939]

        Papers relating to his RAF career, [1914-1939], principally comprising log book covering his service in the UK and Middle East, 1929-1939; photographs of aircraft, notably flying boats, [1914-1939].

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Davidson F H N · Created 1935-1972

        The collection consists of pamphlets written by Davidson, papers relating to his part in the Allied Military Mission to Moscow, USSR, 1939 and papers relating to his career in World War Two as Commander in the Royal Artillery and as Director of Military Intelligence. The World War Two material includes maps used in the retreat of the BEF (British Expeditionary Force) to Dunkirk, France, maps used as Director of Military Intelligence to illustrate the progress of the war to Queen Mary, mother of George VI and a personal diary kept while Director of Military Intelligence. There is also a file containing correspondence with E E Thomas of the Cabinet Office Historical Section relating to aspects of Military Intelligence during World War Two.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA De Guingand · Created 1942-1946

        Papers relating to 8 Army operations in Western Desert and Battle of El Alamein, 1941-1942, in particular Operations LIGHTFOOT, SUPERCHARGE and GRAPESHOT, including maps, memoranda and plans; 21 Army Group, Operation OVERLORD, 1944 including notes of operations, Jun 1944-May 1945; report on Operation BLACKCOCK, attack by 12 Corps at Roermond, Jan 1945; surrender by German forces, May 1945 including plans for administration of enemy territory and troops. Excerpts from German wireless messages, 1941-1943. Printed material, including messages from Montgomery, General Officer Commanding 8 Army, Nov 1942-Jan 1944 and as Commander-in- Chief, 21 Army Group, Jun 1944-Aug 1945; personal messages from Supreme Commander, SHAEF, 1944; handbooks and pamphlets, Dec 1942-Dec 1944; limited circulation newspapers, 1943 and 1945, including 'Eighth Army News'; operational reports, 1945, including 79 Armoured Division, 21 Army Group and Allied Expeditionary Force.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA De Lisle · Created 1885-1941

        Papers relating to his life and career, 1885-1941, including typescript volume entitled 'The story of the Egyptian campaign, 1885-1886', written in [1914]; two typescript volumes entitled 'My narrative of the South African War 1899-1902' and 'Second phase of the South African War' with sketch maps, notes and recommendations of awards for officers and men of 2 Mounted Infantry Corps, 1899-1900; reports, notes and correspondence, 1900-1912, relating to the future development of cavalry in the British Army, including typescript extracts from article by Maj Gen Sir Ian Monteith Hamilton on operations at Diamond Hill, Second Boer War, South Africa, Jun 1900, and correspondence with FM Rt Hon Frederick Sleigh Roberts, 1st Earl Roberts of Kandahar, Pretoria and Waterford, Lt Gen Sir Horace Lockwood Smith-Dorrien, Maj Gen Edmund Henry Hyman Allenby, Maj Gen Sir Edward Thomas Henry Hutton, and Lt Col Hubert De la Poer Gough, 1903-1910; typescript notes on cavalry tactics, equipment and history, entitled 'Letters from an old cavalry officer to his son', 1909; two typescript volumes entitled 'My narrative of the Great German War', an account of his service in World War One in Gallipoli and on the Western Front, 1914-1918, including 29 photographs and typescript table showing number of 29 Div casualties between 1915 and 1917; manuscript article by De Lisle entitled 'General Sir Archibald Wavell GCB: the unknown leader', 1941; typescript unpublished novel entitled 'The great recovery', 1941, based on De Lisle's experiences in World War One, 1914-1918.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Dempsey · Created 1944-1945

        One volume of 23 typescript 2 Army planning intelligence summaries, dated 28 Jan-20 May 1944, relating to Operation NEPTUNE, the assault phase of Operation OVERLORD, the Allied invasion of Normandy, France, Jun 1944, with 31 aerial photographs of Normandy. Fourteen volumes of 336 typescript 2 Army intelligence summaries, dated 24 May 1944-5 May 1945, relating to the Allied campaign in North West Europe, 1944-1945, with 7 photographs of ice formations in the river Waal, the Netherlands, 1945.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Dimoline · Created 1914-1965

        The papers cover the period 1914-1965 and include papers relating to service in England, France and with British Army of the Rhine, 1914-1919 in particular 35 Division Artillery Signals; Iraq, including diary, 1920-1921; Nigeria, including field message book, 1924; Quetta, India, including earthquake diary, 1935; newspapers covering death of King George V, 1936; command of Northern Rhodesia Regt, Lusaka, 1937-1940, including scrap albums; command of 26 (East African) Infantry Brigade, East Africa and Abyssinia, 1940- 1941, including operation reports; command of 22 (East African) Infantry Brigade, Madagascar, 1942, including operation reports; command of 28 (East African) Infantry Brigade and 11 (East African) division, Burma and India, 1944-1946 including accounts of operations; General Officer Commanding East Africa, 1946- 1948, including official circulars, speeches and addresses; General Officer Commanding Aldershot Command, 1948-1951, including speeches and lectures; Representative on Military Staff Committtee, United Nations, 1951-1953, including diary; Col Commandant of Northern Rhodesia Regiment, King's African Rifles and Kenya Regiment, including correspondence, 1952-1964, committee papers and publications; papers relating to Army Cadet Force Association including minutes of meetings, 1956-1959; Inter-Parliamentary Union, including account of journey to Warsaw, Poland, 1959; maps, 1914-1943, including Western Front, Iraq and India, Nigeria and Madagascar.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Dodson · Fondo · 1935-1986

        Papers of Sir Derek Dodson, 1935-1986, relating to his service in Special Operations Executive (SOE) in Greece and Italy, comprising papers including message books, notes, reports and correspondence related to service in the Allied Military Mission to Greece, Sep 1943-Mar 1945; messages, notes, and diary relating to service with partisans in Italy, Apr-May 1945; photographs of Dodson; maps of Greece, Italy and France; report by the Salonika Bureau, 'The Macedonian Autonomy Movement in North West Greece: its setting and recent histor', Oct 1945.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Donlea B J F · Created 1940, [1944], [1960-1970], 1986

        Copies of papers relating to his life and career, 1921-1986, dated 1940, [1944], [1960-1970], 1986, notably including notes taken on a mountain warfare course, Abbottabad, India, Apr 1940; his Royal Ulster Rifles Historical Record, giving personal details and a career summary, 1921-1959, dated [1960-1970]; copy photographs of Donlea, 1935, and 1 Bn, Royal Ulster Rifles with Gen Sir Law Bernard Montgomery, [1944].

        Sin título
        DONLEA, Patrick Plunkett (1877-1936)
        GB 0099 KCLMA Donlea P P · Created [1911], 1915, 1932

        Copies of papers relating to his life and career and other family members, 1911, 1915, 1932, comprising: letter from Lt Col Sir George Roos-Keppel, Chief Commissioner and Agent to the Governor General, North West Frontier Province, to the Secretary to the Government of India, Foreign Department, reporting the capture of a party of raiders at Tarnab and commending various army and police officers, including Michael Donlea, Inspector of Police, North West Frontier (brother of Patrick), for their services in the incident, 2 March 1911; photograph [of raiders referred to in the above letter, 1911]; press cuttings describing charge of 21Lancers at Shabkadr, Aug 1915; brief typescript account of opium production and the organisation of Opium Department, United Provinces of Agra and Oudh, 1932; copy of letter to Mrs Lucy Sophia
        Le Marchand (aunt by marriage of Patrick's wife) from Maj Cecil Allanson, 1/6 Gurkha Rifles describing the death of her son, Lt John Wharton Jones Le Marchand, Gallipoli, 1915.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Donlea T A M · Created 1935, 1937, [1939]

        Copies of papers relating to his life and career, 1935, 1937, [1939], comprising an account by John Masters of the shooting of a tiger at Bakloh, Punjab, 1937 (an incident in which Donlea was involved); photograph of Donlea, 1935; photographs relating to his service in North West Frontier Province, India, [1939], including 4th Gurkha Rifles and Royal Ulster Rifles.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Douglas-Jones · Created 1930-1968, [1980], 1984-1985, 1988-1990

        Papers relating to his life and career, 1906-[1968], dated 1930-[1968], 1984-1985, 1988-1990, principally comprising correspondence relating to his role as Group Controller, No 11 Group HQ during the Battle of Britain, Sep 1940, dated 1965, 1968, 1984-1985, 1988-1990; photographs, 1930-[1968], mainly relating to his service with the RAF, 1930-1955; 'The Battle of Britain, August-October 1940' by AVM Sir Keith Rodney Park (HMSO pamphlet, 1941); newspaper cuttings and other papers relating to Hugh Easton, designer of the Battle of Britain memorial window in Westminster Abbey, 1947, 1965; notes for RAF personnel visiting Berlin, [1952].

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Douglas-Scott-Montagu · Created 1910-1928, 1948, 1987

        Papers relating to aviation and transport, dated 1910-1928, principally comprising papers relating to Joint War Air Committee (Inter-Departmental Committee on the Air Service) chaired by Edward George Villiers Stanley, 17th Earl of Derby, 1916, Committee on the Administration and Command of the Royal Flying Corps, 1916, and Air Boards chaired by Weetman Dickinson Pearson, 1st Viscount Cowdray, 1917, and George Nathaniel Curzon, 1st Earl Curzon of Kedleston, [1916]; correspondence, 1915-1916, 1920, notably including correspondence with Herbert Henry Asquith, 1916, Curzon, 1916, Derby, 1916, the Imperial Defence Committee, 1916, the Parliamentary Aviation Committee, and George Sydenham Clarke, 1st Baron Sydenham of Combe, 1916; printed books, pamphlets, memoranda, notes and texts by Douglas-Scott-Montagu and others, 1910-1920, mainly relating to aviation technology, anti-aircraft defence and the organisation of the air services; memoranda, official reports, notes and texts relating to his work as Adviser on Mechanical Transport Services to the Government of India, 1915-1919; manuscript account of service of No 1 Armoured Motor Unit, North West Frontier, India, 1915-1916, by Capt A J Clifton, 68 Durham Light Infantry, 1915-1916, dated 1917, including photographs and preface by Montagu. Other papers relating to his life and career, 1914-1926, dated 1914-[1926], 1948, principally comprising letters relating to his service with 7 Hampshire Regt in Egypt, 1914, and India, 1915; photographs and photographic negatives, 1915-1922, mainly relating to his service in India, 1915-1919. Typescript draft of A strange war. Burma, India and Afghanisatan, 1914-1919 (Sutton, Gloucester, 1988), an account of 2/5 Bn, Somerset Light Infantry and 2 Mechanical Transport Company by Chris P Mills, based on the recollections of Col B G L Rendall, the diary of Edward William Ewens and research into the Montagu papers, dated 1987.

        Sin título
        DOWNES, Capt Walter Douglas (1884-1920)
        GB 0099 KCLMA Downes · Created 1906-1911, 1919

        Papers relating to the Anglo-German Yola-Cross River Boundary Commission, Nigeria and Cameroon, 1907-1909, comprising bound typescript account of the work of the Commission between Yola and Kwosa, Aug 1908, with unsigned geological report on the Nigerian-Cameroon Boundary, Yola to Cross River, 1907-1909, written in [1909]; photographs, 1907-1909, bound with 'Two years on an Anglo-German boundary commission in West Africa', typescript by Downes, [1909] and 'Nigeria: delimitation of boundary between Yola and the Cross River, 1907-9', Command paper 5368, printed by HMSO in 1909. With the Nigerians in German East Africa (Methuen and Co, London, 1919), special edition bound with typescript copies of press reviews, 1919. Photographs relating to his service with 2 Royal Sussex Regt, Crete, 1906, bound with an account of his service, written in 1915. Photographs of Sinai, 1909-1911, mainly landscapes and people.

        Sin título
        DRUMMOND, Brig John (1910-1997)
        GB 0099 KCLMA Drummond · Created [1936], 1944-1945

        Copy of manuscript account by Drummond relating to 1 Bn, Royal Ulster Rifles service during D Day, Operation OVERLORD, the Allied invasion of occupied France, and subsequent operations in Longueval, France, 1944, with four photographs including parade in Belfast, Northern Ireland [1936], groups of officers, Royal Ulster Rifles [1946] and Victory in Europe (VE) Day parade, Belfast, May 1945.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Duke · Created 1911, 1914, [1918], 1919, 1945

        Papers relating to his service in the RN, 1911-1945, dated 1911, 1914, [1918], 1919, 1945, principally comprising his notes on Battle of Dogger Bank, 1915; printed memorandum from AF David Beatty to flag officers, commodores and officers in command of ships in the Grand Fleet, 20 Nov 1918, concerning the handover of the German High Sea Fleet to the British Grand Fleet on 21 Nov 1918; photographs of ships and personnel, [1918], including Beatty; text of Beatty's farewell speech to the crew of HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH, 5 Apr 1919.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Edmonds · Created 1827-1838, 1852, 1879-1881, 1890-1957

        Papers created or collected by Edmonds during the course of his life and career, dated 1827-1838, 1852, 1879-1881, 1890-1957, principally comprising typescript memoirs covering his life and career, 1861-1951, and notably concerning his work at the Royal Military Academy, 1890-1896, and in the Intelligence Division of the War Office, 1899-1901, 1904-1908, his service in South Africa, 1901-1902, and in World War One, 1914-1918, at the Geneva Conference, 1906, as General Staff Officer, 4 Div, 1911-1914, and in the Historical Section of the Committee of Imperial Defence, 1919-1949, written in [1951]; correspondence with Rt Hon Sir Winston (Leonard Spencer) Churchill, 1922-1954, relating to Churchill's book The World Crisis, 1911-1918 (Thornton Butterworth, London,1923-1929, abridged and revised, 1931); letters from FM Douglas Haig, 1st Earl Haig and his wife, 1903-1939, mainly relating to Edmonds' work on the official history of World War One; correspondence with Maj Gen Sir Ernest (Dunlop) Swinton, 1919-1950; texts of lectures,[1908-1947], notably relating to the American Civil War, 1861-1865, laws of war and the organisation of intelligence and information in warfare; typescript and printed articles, 1893-1957, mainly relating to World War One; official army handbooks and reports by Edmonds and others, 1899-1918, 1945; papers related to World War One collected by Edmonds, dated 1900, 1907, 1914-[1945]; presscuttings, [1906-1943], mainly concerning political and military developments and international relations; photographs, 1895-1918, mainly of Edmonds with Army colleagues.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Elliott · Created [1944-1953], [1960-1980]

        Papers relating to his military career, 1944-1952, dated [1944-1953], [1960-1980], comprising account of advance of 2 Bn, Essex Regt through Northern France and Belgium, June-Oct 1944, notably covering the attack on Le Havre, 10 Sep 1944, written in [1945], with appendix dated [1960-1980]; account of withdrawal of 2 Infantry Bde from Belgium and Northern France, May 1940,culminating in their evacuation from Dunkirk on 1 Jun 1940, written in [1944-1945]; notes on the allotment and loading of vehicles, Operation OVERLORD, June 1944; map of German defences at Le Havre, issued by [the War Office], 1944; map showing position of 51 and 49 Div to the north of Le Havre, 7 Jun 1944, issued by the War Office, 1947; two accounts of the work of 1 Bn, The Queen's Own Royal West Kent Regt, in Malaya, 1952, written in [1953].

        Sin título
        EMBLETON, Edwin Joseph (1907-2000)
        GB 0099 KCLMA Embleton · 1939-1949

        Papers of Edwin Embleton, 1939-1949, chiefly comprising World War Two propaganda pamphlets, 1939-1945, on subjects including the Allied war effort, the Home Front, British Allies, anti-Nazism and the Empire, largely produced by the Ministry of Information for dissemination both within Britain and overseas. These pamphlets are in a number of European, Middle Eastern, African and Asian languages. An approximate translation has been provided for all foreign language titles. The remainder of the collection comprises Ministry of Information produced propaganda posters, postcards, cigarette cards, scrapbook stamps; portraits of Islamic leaders; maps from the Ministry of Information 'Map series' for use by newspapers; American propaganda pamphlets and Ministry of Information administrative papers. Administrative papers include progress reports, memoranda and plans relating to strategy, visual presentation, print deadlines and staff.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Foulkes · Created 1894-1981

        Diaries, 1901-1968; papers and photograph albums relating to the Boer War and photography in military reconnaissance, including an unpublished manuscript, 1897-1902, service in Northern Nigeria on the Anglo-French Boundary Commission, 1902-1904, West Africa, 1903, West Indies, 1902 and Ordnance Survey of Scotland, 1904-1909; papers relating to the introduction and use of chemical warfare during World War One, 1914-1918, and on the North West Frontier, India, 1919-1920 andphotographs taken on the Western Front, 1914-1915 and 1919; articles written as Director of Irish Propaganda during the Anglo-Irish War, 1921; papers concerning appointments as Colonel Commandant and Representative Colonel Commandant, 1937-1944; papers concerning writing and publication of 'Gas!' The story of the Special Brigade (Blackwoods, 1934) and Commonsense and ARP (C Arthur Pearson, 1939) and draft chapters and photographs concerning the unpublished manuscript 'Adventures of an Engineer Subaltern' dealing with military career, 1897-1903; personal correspondence and papers relating to memorial service, 1900-1981; glass and film negatives covering career, 1897-1920.

        Sin título
        GB 0099 KCLMA Gathorne-Hardy · Created 1914-1941

        Papers relating to service on the Western Front, World War One, 1914-1919 including correspondence referring to campaigns on the Western and Italian Fronts and account of the battle of Le Cateau, Aug 1914; service as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Northern Command, 1931-1933 including press cuttings; service as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Aldershot Command, 1933-1937 and ADC General to the King, 1934-1937, including press cuttings; copy photographs, 1916-1937,including Trench Mortar School at General HQ and pontoon bridge over River Piave at Salettuol, Italy; family papers of Lady Isobel Gathorne-Hardy and Elizabeth Gathorne-Hardy, 1914-1937.

        Sin título
        LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW
        LMA/4194 · Colección · 1805-1835

        Print showing view of church and houses, Harrow. Dated Oct 1807, 1805 or 1835.

        Sin título
        WEST HAM BOROUGH COUNCIL
        LMA/4220 · Colección · 1894-1966

        Plans made by the Engineer's Department, West Ham Borough Council, 1894-1966. The collection includes building plans, site plans, proposals for projects and Ordnance Survey maps. The maps have been amended by the engineers to show proposals or extent of works. The proposals include swimming pools, recreation grounds, public baths, sewers, new roads and unemployment relief works. There is a large amount of material relating to Whipps Cross Hospital, including contract plans. A detailed index of the plans can be found in hard copy at the LMA Information Area.

        Sin título
        UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
        LMA/4303 · Colección · 1841-1999

        Records of the Presbyterian church including Presbytery minutes, Committee minutes and planning for reconstruction of war damage for the Presbytery of London North, 1841-1972; Presbytery minutes, financial accounts and Committee minutes for the Presbytery of London South, 1888-1972; and Presbytery minutes and Committee minutes for the Presbytery of the South Coast, 1920-1972.

        Minute books, magazines, syllabi and event programmes for various groups and societies connected with Presbyterian and Congregational churches, mostly Young Men's Societies and Literary Societies, 1854-1965.

        Architectural plans of Congregational and Presbyterian churches, 1850-1968:
        Aldershot United Reformed Church;
        Alexandra Park United Reformed Church;
        Banstead United Reformed Church, Woodmansterne Lane;
        Battersea Congregational Church, Bridge Road;
        Battersea Rise Presbyterian Church;
        Belvedere Congregational Church;
        Iden Green Chapel, Beneden;
        Bermondsey Presbyterian Church, Southwark Park Road;
        Jewish Mission, Bethnal Green;
        Bethnal Green Congregational Church;
        Blackheath United Reformed Church, Long Lane;
        North Bow United Reformed Church;
        Bracknell Presbyterian Church;
        Bromley Congregational Church;
        Bromley Presbyterian Church;
        Shortlands Congregational Church, Bromley;
        Bromley-By-Bow United Reformed Church;
        Buckhurst Hill United Reformed Church;
        Clemance Hall United Reformed Church, Camberwell Green;
        Grove Road Congregational Church, Camberwell Green;
        Camberwell Church, Friern Road;
        Canterbury Presbyterian Church;
        Catford Trinity Congregational Church, Stanstead Road;
        Charlton Congregational Church;
        Saint Andrew's United Reformed Church, Chatham;
        Saint Andrew's United Reformed Church, Cheam;
        Chiswell Green United Reformed Church, Saint Albans;
        Clapham United Reformed Church, Grafton Square;
        Clapton Park United Reformed Church;
        College Park Presbyterian Church;
        Christ Church United Reformed Church, Crawley;
        Crossway Central Mission;
        Dalston Congregational Church, Middleton Road;
        Dartford Presbyterian Church;
        Deptford Congregational Church;
        Emmanuel United Reformed Church, Dulwich;
        Dulwich Grove United Reformed Church;
        Festivals Park Free Church, Ealing;
        East Finchley United Reformed Church;
        East Greenwich United Reformed Church;
        East Ham Congregational Church, Wakefield Street;
        East Ham Presbyterian Church;
        Plashet Park United Reformed Church, East Ham;
        Saint James' Presbyterian Church, Edgware;
        Edgware Congregational Church;
        Lower Edmonton Independent (Congregational) Church;
        Elmers End United Reformed Church;
        Eltham United Reformed Church;
        Windmill Hill Presbyterian Church, Enfield;
        Ewell United Reformed Church;
        Saint George's United Reformed Church, Felixstowe;
        Finchley And Whetstone United Reformed Church;
        Claremont Central Mission, Finsbury;
        Forest Gate United Reformed Church, Romford Road;
        Saint Mark's United Reformed Church, Greenwich;
        Hampton Hill United Reformed Church;
        Hayes Free Church (Congregational);
        Herne Hill United Reformed Church;
        The Hyde United Reformed Church, Hendon;
        Highbury Quadrant Congregational Church;
        Camden Road United Reformed Church, Holloway;
        Holloway United Reformed Church;
        Hounslow United Reformed Church;
        Trinity Congregational Church, Ilfield;
        Goodmayes Congregational Church, Ilford;
        Vine United Reformed Church, Ilford;
        Buck Street Presbyterian Church, Kentish Town;
        Kenton United Reformed Church;
        Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Kilburn;
        Burnt Ash United Reformed Church, Lee;
        Lenham United Reformed Church;
        Letchworth Free Church Hall;
        Algernon Road United Reformed Church, Lewisham;
        High Street United Reformed Church, Lewisham;
        Lewisham High Road Congregational Church;
        Elmore/Langthorne Congregational Church, Leyton;
        Leytonstone United Reformed Church;
        Lowestoft Congregational Church;
        Mill Hill East United Reformed Church;
        Millward United Reformed Church;
        Muswell Hill United Reformed Church;
        Saint John's Presbyterian Church, New Barnet;
        North Finchley United Reformed Church;
        Northwood Hills United Reformed Church;
        Saint John's Presbyterian Church, Northwood;
        Marlborough Chapel United Reformed Church, Old Kent Road;
        Orange Street Congregational Church;
        Clifton Congregational Church, Peckham;
        Penge Congregational Church;
        Petts Wood United Reformed Church;
        Plaistow United Reformed Church;
        Ponders End United Reformed Church;
        Presbyterian Housing, Poplar;
        Pratts Bottom United Reformed Church;
        Purley United Reformed Church;
        Granard Presbyterian Church, Putney;
        Saint Paul's United Reformed Church, Richmond;
        Saint Paul's Cray Congregational Church;
        Sanderstead United Reformed Church;
        Oaklands Congregational Church, Shepherds Bush;
        Pilgrim Church, Southwark;
        Enmore Road Congregational Church, South Norwood;
        Kingston Road Congregational Church, Staines;
        Stamford Hill United Reformed Church;
        Stanwell Congregational Church;
        Coverdale And Ebenezer Congregational Church, Stepney;
        John Knox United Reformed Church, Dempsey Street, Stepney;
        Latimer Congregational Church, Stepney;
        Stepney Meeting House (United Reformed Church);
        Abney United Reformed Church And Youth Club, Stoke Newington;
        Manor Road United Reformed Church, Stoke Newington;
        Rectory Road United Reformed Church, Stoke Newington;
        Brickfields United Reformed Church, Stratford;
        Sunbury On Thames Congregational Church;
        Swanley United Reformed Church;
        Saint Peter's United Reformed Church, Tooting;
        Whitfields Memorial United Reformed Church, Tottenham Court Road;
        Totteridge United Reformed Church;
        Upper Norwood United Reformed Church;
        Providence Congregational Church, Uxbridge;
        Wallington Presbyterian Church;
        Wood Street United Reformed Church, Walthamstow;
        Walton-On-Thames United Reformed Church;
        Wandsworth Presbyterian Church;
        East Hill Congregations Church, Wandsworth;
        Saint Steven's Presbyterian Church, Watford;
        Welling United Reformed Church;
        Welwyn Garden City Free Church (United Reformed Church);
        Wembley United Reformed Church;
        Westborough Congregational Church;
        West Brompton Congregational Church;
        West Ealing Presbyterian Church;
        West Kensington Congretional Church;
        Westminster Chapel, Buckingham Gate;
        West Norwood Presbyterian Church;
        West Wickham United Reformed Church;
        Whetstone United Reformed Church;
        Dundonald Road Congregational Church, Wimbledon.

        Please note that wherever possible the most modern (URC) name for the congregation has been used, unless there was no evidence from the URC Year Books to suggest that the congregation joined the URC, in which case the older Presbyterian or Congregational name has been used.

        Sin título
        PRESBYTERIAN SETTLEMENT, POPLAR
        LMA/4337 · Colección · 1899-1969

        Records of the Presbyterian Housing Scheme, Poplar, including Ladies Committee minute book (The Committee of the Presbyterian Settlement, East London), 1901-1910; Ladies Settlement Committee minute book, 1910-1912; Committee of the Women's Presbyterian Settlement minute book, 1912-1939; Settlement Committee minute book, 1939-1946; General Committee minute book, 1946-1964; Executive Committee minute book, 1938-1960; Finance Committee minute book, 1954-1958; annual reports of the Presbyterian Settlement (missing years 1938, 1939 and 1966), 1899-1969; annual reports written by the congregation (missing 1961/1962), 1960-1965; architectural plans, 1938-1953; printed material relating to the Presbyterian Settlement, 1924-1968 and correspondence, 1911-1967.

        Sin título
        TRINTY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, HAMPSTEAD
        LMA/4352 · Colección · 1844-1978

        Records of Trinity Presbyterian Church, Hampstead, including Court of Session minute books, 1844-1971; Deacons' Court minute books, 1921-1971; Women's' Missionary Association minute book, 1906-1912; Committee of Lady Workers minute book, 1901-1912; Building Committee minute book; 1861-1912; Annual reports, 1863-1936; Communion rolls, 1851-1970; registers of baptisms, 1855-1970; Disjunction certificate book, 1907-1946; financial papers, 1893-1927; statistical returns, 1886-1913; architectural plans showing the ground at the rear of the church, suggested extensions and part of the ground floor of the infants school class room, 1889-1890; general correspondence, 1858-1906; Bond and Articles of Agreement between Benjamin Dove, Frederick Dove, William Spencer Dove and Hugh Mackay Matheson and The Building Committee for building work to be carried out on the church building, 1861; manuscript history of the church, 1855-1899 and brass printing plate and a printed invitation to the church's special Jubilee Services, 1912.

        Sin título
        JOHNSON ROAD MISSION, CROYDON
        LMA/4402 · Colección · 1904-1975

        Records of Presbyterian Church of England Johnson Road Mission, including Mission Committee minute books, 1904 and 1956-1972; Court of Session minute books, 1907-1972; Mission Finance Committee minute books, 1906-1972; Communicants' roll book, 1918-1937; register of baptisms, 1941-1972; Treasurer's account books, 1919-1974; correspondence relating to the Mission, 1926-1963; correspondence and information relating to the Mission constitution, 1912-1941; correspondence, information, plans and a schedule regarding the demolition and subsequent re-building of the Mission, and the re-development of the area, 1971-1974 and architectural plans and sketches of the new Mission building and site, 1972-1973.

        Sin título
        ARDALE SCHOOL, NORTH STIFFORD
        LMA/4425 · Colección · 1900-1965

        Plans of the school buildings, 1900-1965, including original proposals by architect Frank Baggallay, proposed alterations and additions to Farm Cottage; recreation hall, master's house, garage and stores; workshops, office and stores; recreation hall and gymnasium; adaptation of school block for boys accommodation; Nelson and Shackleton Cottages, The Lodge; The Tower Block, including workshops, band practice room and swimming pool; dining hall steelwork, roof trusses and concreting; layout and drainage plan for new dining hall, workshops and gymnasium; new school block: stage 1 drainage layout and heating duct; Masters House: details of trenches; new dining hall and kitchen: hot and cold water services; staff accommodation: cottages; site layout; adaptation of former laundry to provide recreation room and library; additional staff accommodation; new dining hall and kitchen; Nelson and Shackleton houses: proposed covered way to bathrooms and Craftsman's workshops.

        Sin título
        METROPOLITAN BUILDINGS OFFICE
        MBO · Colección · 1844-1855

        District Surveyors Returns, 1844-1855, providing lists of notices, information and complaints, the results of notices and fees paid for works. The Districts covered were City of London; Tower Division (Tower Hamlets and the East End); Edmonton Hundred Division (Tottenham); Finsbury Division (Islington, Stoke Newington, Hornsey, Clerkenwell); Holborn Division (Bloomsbury, Saint Pancras, Paddington, Marylebone, Hampstead); Kensington Division (Chelsea, Fulham, Hammersmith); City of Westminster Division; County of Surrey (Lambeth, Camberwell, Bermondsey, Rotherhithe) and County of Kent (Deptford, Greenwich, Woolwich, Lewisham).

        Building plans of a variety of buildings and features including houses, offices, embankments, hospitals, chapels and churches, chimney shafts, warehouses, taverns, dockyards, public rooms, lecture halls, colleges and schools, factories, workhouses and asylums, stables, gardens and shop fronts.

        General office papers including registers of approvals; approvals of buildings; cases of Special Supervision; cases of ruinous buildings; registers of awards; registers of reports; enquiries about fires and fire reports; lists of Surveyors; papers on drains and sewers; staff records; circulars and notices; correspondence; parish and ordnance maps; press cuttings; forms and instructions; financial accounts and copies of Acts and Bills relating to building and construction regulations.

        Sin título
        METROPOLITAN BOARD OF WORKS
        MBW · Colección · 1739-1912

        MBW/1901-1908: Thames Floods (estimate of works required to repair damage caused by floods and estimates of works for defence against future flooding)

        MBW/1909-1910: Redistribution Of Vestrymen (cuttings from minutes)

        MBW/1911-1913: Water Supply (reports on the metropolis water supply)

        MBW/1914-1916: Letters (in-letters, petitions, applications and out-letters)

        MBW/1917-1919: Advertisements

        MBW/1920-1924: Newspaper Cuttings

        MBW/1925-1928: Staff Lists (including duties of officers)

        MBW/1929-2309: Finance (including registers of contracts and agreements, salary books and rate books)

        MBW/2310-2420: Printed Reports (including annual reports of the Board and Committees, architect's, engineer's and fire brigade reports, papers circulated to Board members, Bills and Acts of Parliament)

        MBW/2421-2445: Contracts And Specifications for work on sewers, drains and embankments.

        MBW/2446-2653: Plans (plans submitted to Parliament, plans of local improvements arranged by parish, plans of artisan's dwellings, plans of the metropolis water supply, plans of Thames floods, plans of parks and open spaces, plans presented to the Board and to various Committees to accompany reports, memorials and proposals for improvements, creation of parks, drainage, bridges, roads and tunnels, plans of railways)

        MBW/2654-2656: District Surveyor (monthly returns and drainage applications)

        MBW/2657-2663: Bridges (Accountant's Department papers concerning claims of the bridge companies whose bridges were acquired under the Metropolitan Toll Bridges Act 1877 and the Metropolitan Bridges Act 1883)

        MBW/2664-2682: Thames Floods (volumes of duplicate copies of notices served on riparian [situated on the banks of a river] owners under the Metropolis Management (Thames River Prevention of Floods) Amendment Act 1879 and Metropolitan Board of Works (Various Powers) Act, 1882, with associated plans and riverfront elevations)

        MBW/2683-2685: Financial Records (Accountant's Department papers)

        MBW/2686-2807: Thames Floods (plans and estimates for flood prevention works and plans of river frontage with elevations of riparian [situated on the banks of a river] properties)

        MBW/2808-2812: Thames Soundings

        MBW/2813-2830: Specifications (volumes of specifications for housing, fire stations, bridges, drainage, parks, embankments and sewers)

        MBW/2831-2837: Contract Books and Registers

        MBW/2838-2840: Rate Books

        MBW/P: Plans

        MBW/OW: Office of Works (papers relating to the Chelsea Bridge and Embankment, Westminster Bridge, Battersea Park, Kennington Park and Victoria Park)

        MBW/BC: Bridge Company (papers relating to Vauxhall Bridge)

        Sin título
        ARCHITECT'S DEPARTMENT
        MCC/AR · Subfondo · 1880-1964
        Parte de MIDDLESEX COUNTY COUNCIL

        Records of the Middlesex County Council Architect's Department, including administrative records, 1929-1963, such as correspondence, contract books, registers, departmental organisation and procedures, committee papers and minutes, memoranda, exhibitions, journal articles and press cuttings on the work of the department, papers relating to the issue of iron and steel for building purposes, schedules of prices for building works, papers relating to private architects and correspondence with teaching staff on school design.

        Records relating to the construction of primary and secondary schools in Acton, Brentford, Chiswick, Ealing, Eastcote, Edmonton, Enfield, Feltham, Finchley, Friern Barnet, Hampstead, Hanworth, Harrow, Hayes, Hendon, Heston, Hornsey, Northwood, Pinner, Potters Bar, Southall, Southgate, Teddington, Tottenham, Twickenham, Uxbridge, Wembley, West Kenton, Willesden and Wood Green, 1946-1963; including bills, estimates, contracts, accounts, specifications and correspondence. Contracts, estimates, bills and specifications for Acton Technical College, Ealing Technical College, Maria Grey Training College, Southgate Technical College, Trent Park Teacher Training College and Willesden Technical College, 1947-1963.

        Bills, specifications, accounts, and estimates for other buildings, 1949-1964, including offices, branch libraries, housing, civil defence control centres, clinics, community centres, court houses, ambulance garages, fire stations, sports facilities and the Central Middlesex Hospital, Willesden.

        Drawings and plans, 1880-1961, for Middlesex Guildhall, Hanworth Grammar School, Feltham; Edmonton Technical Institute; Twickenham sewerage connection; Twickenham Fire Station and an old people's home in Tottenham.

        Sin título
        MCC/CD/PL · Colección · 1937-1965
        Parte de MIDDLESEX COUNTY COUNCIL

        Records of the Middlesex County Council Civil Defence Department comprising plans drawn up by the local authorities in Middlesex in the period 1937-1940. They show, in varying degree of detail, the locations of first aid posts; shelters; repair, rescue and demolition posts; distribution depots; respirator stores; trenches; wardens sectors; decontamination centres; police centres; police stations; hospitals; fire stations. Also plans of London Region Civil Defence boundaries, 1948-1965.

        Sin título
        PLANNING DEPARTMENT: MAPS
        MCC/PL/MP · Colección · 1920-1961
        Parte de MIDDLESEX COUNTY COUNCIL

        Maps from the Middlesex County Council Planning Department, 1920-1961, including map of London Airport (Heathrow); map showing allotments in Middlesex; maps of bye-passes, roads and highways; maps of school sites and playing fields; map of land liable for flooding; nature conservancy map; maps of drainage and sewerage; map of the Thames Riverside Walk; maps of the Central, North, South and West Planning Areas and map of parishes, unions, rural and urban sanitary districts.

        Sin título
        PLANNING DEPARTMENT: PHOTOGRAPHS
        MCC/PL/PH · Colección · 1944-1964
        Parte de MIDDLESEX COUNTY COUNCIL

        Aerial photographs from the Middlesex County Council Planning Department, 1944-1964, taken by the Royal Air Force on behalf of the Ministry of Housing and Local Government. The photographs were numbered and need to be used in conjunction with the index maps.

        Sin título
        MCC/PL/RW · Colección · 1949-1964
        Parte de MIDDLESEX COUNTY COUNCIL

        Records of the Middlesex County Council Planning Department relating to the Rights of Way Survey, 1949-1964, including maps; statements; relevant legislation; objections to the first map and review of the Survey.

        Sin título
        OFFORD ROAD CHAPEL, ISLINGTON
        N/C/11 · Colección · 1899-1934

        Records of Offord Road Congregational Chapel comprising register of marriages, 1899 - 1917; accounts ledgers, 1900-1934; annual reports, 1922-1923 and plan and elevation of new entrance to school, 1905.

        Sin título
        N/C/12 · Colección · 1850-1920

        Records of Horbury Congregational Chapel, Kensington Park Road, including correspondence relating to expenses of erection of chapel and general finances, 1850-1869; correspondence relating to a dispute between Reverend F.W. Pitt and the congregation, with subsequent intervention of the London Congregational Union, 1909-1914; further correspondence and notes relating to the dispute including a subsidiary quarrel and case between Reverend F.W. Pitt and Reverend H.A. Powell, 1915-1920; copies of 'The Bible Crusade/Quarterly Message', 1917-1919 and engraving of architect's drawing of chapel, 1860?

        Sin título
        WEST DULWICH CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL
        N/C/13 · Colección · 1853-1944

        Records of West Dulwich Congregational Chapel including register of marriages, 1939-1941; lists of members and registers of attendance, 1853-1939; forms of commendation and applications for transfer, 1930-1944; minute book of Church meetings, 1868-1930; minute book of Deacons' meetings, 1868-1935; minute book of Chapel Building Improvement Committee, 1870; correspondence relating to administrative and social matters,1856-1892; financial accounts, 1854-1945; papers relating to property owned by the church, 1855-1856; ground plan of chapel, 1863; papers relating to Trustees, 1855-1889; certificate registering Dulwich Chapel, Park Road, Lower Norwood as a Congregationalist or Independents' place of worship for solemnization of marriages, 1859; minutes of Literary Society and Committee meetings, 1895 - 1908; Musical Committee minute book, 1899-1904 and printed circular letter raising funds for alterations to church, with sketch of proposed alterations, 1938.

        Sin título
        DEPTFORD CIRCUIT
        N/M/042-5 · Colección · 1811-1873

        Minute book of the quarterly meetings of the Deptford Circuit, 1811-1838; volume of names and accounts of collections in the Deptford Circuit, 1812-1835, with enclosed section, elevation and plan of a chapel [Woolwich], 1835, and collection book for Mary Ann's Chapel, Deptford, 1847-1873.

        Sin título
        SCHOOL BOARD FOR LONDON
        O/071 · Colección · 1878

        School Board for London: Clifton Road School; card for punctual and regular attendance awarded to S. T. Beets, 1878.

        Sin título
        LONDON COUNTY COUNCIL
        O/516 · Colección · 1914

        London County Council circulars 'Notes on Allowances to Soldiers' Wives' and 'Notes on Allowances to Sailors' Wives', 1914.

        Sin título
        TABERNACLE, NOTTING HILL, KENSINGTON
        O/577 · Colección · 1871

        Architectural plans, elevations and details of the West London Tabernacle, Holland Park, Kensington, by architects Habershon and Tite of 38 Bloomsbury Square, 1871.

        Sin título
        COMPTROLLER AND CITY SOLICITOR: PLANS
        COL/CCS/PL · Subfondo · 1592-1928
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Plans of land and property owned by Bridge House estates, 1592-1889, including site or street plans of Avondale Square; Maidenhead Court; Wrestler's Court; White Street, Bermondsey; Webber Street, Southwark; the widening of Upper Thames Street, Tooley Street, Pottery Fields, The Maze, Little Eastcheap, Fish Hill Street; improvements at Temple Bar; a new street at Tottenham Court Road; a burial ground at St Michael, Crooked Lane; Bankside, Southwark, including the Globe Theatre; Wild Marsh, Stratford; Rock Hill and West Hill, Sydenham; St George's Fields, Southwark; Kent Street Road; Finsbury Circus; Great Suffolk Street and Belvidere Row, Bridewell, Surrey. Also drawings, elevations and plans of buildings including premises in Swan Street, Thames Street, Sun Alley, Rood Lane, Fenchurch Street, Paternoster Row, Philpot Lane, Old Change, King William Street, Lewisham High Street, Crucifix Lane, Dirty Lane, Friday Street, Five Foot Lane, Cheapside, Bermondsey Street, Arthur Street and Blackman Street; the Castle Alehouse and other properties, Watling Street; vaults and premises on Water Lane; the Watch House and other premises on Tooley Street; premises near St Paul's Churchyard; the Freemason's School and other premises, St George's Fields, Southwark; premises near King's Bench Prison and Marshalsea Prison; Borough Compter and surrounding premises; a stable on Old Kent Road; Sherwood's Dye House and other premises, Battle Mill Lane; demolished properties on Montague Close, Southwark; The Crown Public House, shops and other premises, Newgate Street; wharves and warehouses, Malt's Wharf; shipyards, wharves and docks, Deptford; designs for Legal Quays, St Catherine's Docks, the Southwark river frontage, West India docks and Cotton's Wharf, Southwark; Bridge House Court, Gracechurch Street; designs for warehouses and almshouses; plans and designs for Bridge House, the administrative headquarters of the old London Bridge; Mr Toulmin's Soap Manufactory, Bridewell, Surrey; stairs at Pepper Alley. Also signed contract drawings for Tower Bridge; designs for St Michael's Bridge, Stratford; survey of watercourses and designs for bridge at Battle Mill Stream; plan of the river Lea from Hertford to the Thames; designs for the reconstruction of Southwark Bridge; designs and plans of the bridge, approach roads, chapel, gate and houses, London Bridge; plans for the Chatham and Dover Railway Bridge over the Thames; designs for footpaths, tramways, railways, approaches and the Fleet Sewer, Blackfriars Bridge, and designs for the Croydon and Rotherhithe Canal and the Grand Surrey Canal.

        Plans of land and property owned by the City Lands estates, 1641-1928, including site or street plans of All Hallows church, London Wall; Pickaye Street, Barbican; Bevis Marks near St Mary Axe; Chatham Place; Coleman Street; the Conduit Mead and Finsbury Estates; Earl Street, Blackfriars; Fenchurch Street; Holborn Valley improvements; Leadenhall Street; the Minories; Old Change; St Paul's Churchyard; Shoemaker Row; Temple Bar; Thames Street; Tottenham Court Road; Whitecross Street; plans for the widening of Billiter Lane, Wormwood Street, Bow Lane, Bread Street, Brick Hill Lane, Camomile Street, Cheapside; Snow Lane, Dowgate Hill, Eastcheap, Jewin Street, Mark Lane; Old Jewry; Poultry, Seething Lane; Snow Hill; Tower Street; Walbrook; Watling Street, Wormwood Street. Also drawings, elevations and plans of buildings including premises in Mitre Court and Adams Court, Duke's Place; Aldermanbury; Aldgate High Street; Bangor Court, Shoe Lane; Lothbury; Bell Court, Old Bethlem; Cheapside; Bishopsgate Street; New Broad Street; Budge Row, Castle Street; Cateaton Street; Chancery Lane; Crown Court, Moorfields; Crutched Friars; Dolphin Court, Blackfriars; Duke's Place; Grub Street; City Road, Old Street; Rotten Row; Windmill Hill; Fish Street Hill; Fleet Street; Giltspur Street; Gracechurch Street; Holborn Bridge; Houndsditch; Isle of Dogs; Jewry Street; Lambeth Hill; Ludgate Hill; Moorfields; Moorgate; New Bridge Street; New Broad Street; New Court, St Swithun's Lane; Ratcliffe; St Dunstan's Hill; St Mary Axe; St Swithun's Lane; Shoe Lane; Stonecutters Street; Watling Street; plans of houses to be demolished in Bartholomew Lane; Bethlem Hospital in Moorgate, with adjoining premises and burial ground; plans of Blackwell Hall; plan of the Boar's Head Tavern, Smithfield Barrs; plan of the house of the Keeper, Bunhill Fields Burial Ground; designs for extension, East India House; plan of Hudson's Bay Company premises; plan of the Gresham Almshouses; plan of Guildhall and offices; Watch House and other premises, Old London Wall; designs and plans for Mansion House; plans, designs and elevations for Leadenhall Market, Stocks Market, Honey Lane Market, Fleet Market, Farringdon Market, Smithfield Market, Queenhithe Market, Newgate Market and Street Lane Market; 'a method to fix the ground in Moorfields at a mean depth', Old Bethlem; designs for timber stairs at Old Swan Stairs, near London Bridge; designs for renovations, Paul's Stairs, Vauxhall Stairs, Three Crane Stairs and Stew Lane Stairs; designs and plans, Giltspur Street Compter, Poultry Compter, Newgate Prison, Ludgate Prison, Wood Street Compter; new burial ground at St Andrew's Holborn; plan of Blackwall Wharf; design for Blackfriars Wharf; plan of Broken Wharf; design for rebuilding Custom House Quay; design for Corn Office, Black Swan Court, Tower Street; plans of Artillery Ground, Finsbury; plan of Puddle Dock, Sabbs Dock and Queenhithe Docks; designs for embankments and towpaths along the River Thames; plans for Whitefriars Dock; plan of wharf and approaches, Blackfriars Bridge; plan for repairing London Bridge; plans of Westminster Bridge and section of the Isle of Dogs Canal.

        Many of the plans include the names of tenants or owners of the buildings or lands.

        Sin título
        COL/LBD/AG · Colección · 1670-1965
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Records of the Guildhall Art Gallery, comprising memorandum on the establishment of the Guildhall Art Gallery and the appointment of a Director, 1944; article The Corporation's Picture Collection and the Guildhall Art Gallery, 1965; extracts relating to the portraits of the Fire Judges, 1670-1705, and reports on the restoration of the portraits, 1945; Chamber vouchers, orders for payment and receipts for drawing, framing, setting up, inscribing and decorating the Fire Judges portraits, 1671 and order for payment for painting the pictures of the King and the Duke of York, 1672.

        The City of London's first commissions were portraits of the judges appointed to assess property claims in the wake of the Great Fire of London - the so-called 'Fire Judges'. These were followed by portraits of kings and queens and of other individuals who had rendered a service which the City of London wished to recognise.

        Sin título
        PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT: PLAN BOOKS
        COL/PHD/PL · Colección · 1900-1947
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Plan books, Public Health Department, Corporation of London, 1900-1947.

        Also plans prepared for Parliamentary sessions including plans of the Central London Railway, 1902-1903; the City, Wandsworth and Wimbledon Electric Railway, 1902; the East London, City and Peckham Railway, 1902; the City and North East Suburban Electric Railway, 1903; the City and Crystal Palace Railway, 1903; the Metropolitan District Railway, 1903; new lines and extensions on the Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway, 1903; the Hammersmith, City and North East London Railway, 1903; Patent Office property on Furnival Street, near Chancery Lane, 1903; the Queen Victoria Street Fire Station, 1904; the Port of London Authority, 1911; Mansion House Station Subway, 1912; Public Records Office, Chancery Lane, 1912 and tramways and other street improvements, 1912.

        Sin título
        PLANS
        COL/PL · Subfondo · 1500s-1983
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Plans, maps and diagrams of streets and properties in the City of London and Greater London, [1500]-1983. Please note that this series is extensive and this list has been chosen to demonstrate the wide range of available material rather than being an exhaustive list. Please consult the detailed listings for further information.

        General plans and maps of the City of London including survey of encroachments upon London Wall with encroachments upon the wall surrounding Moorfields, by William Leybourn, 1676; plan of the City, Westminster and Southwark, 1752; coloured map of Greater London, showing the boundaries of the City of London, 1825; diagram showing relative levels and contour lines, 1847; general plan of the City of London by Frank Summer, City Engineer, 1914; plan showing City boundary, 1914; map of London and surrounding districts showing administrative counties; county, municipal and metropolitan boroughs; urban and rural district and civil parish boundaries; and parliamentary constituencies scheduled in Representation of the People Act, 1948. Map showing the parishes of the City prior to the Union of Parishes Acts, 1878-1880; coloured directory map of London, showing ward boundaries and parish boundaries, 1909; plan of the City of London showing the wards of Langbourn, Candlewick, Walbrook, Dowgate, Billingsgate, Bridge Within, Cheap and Farringdon without, accompanied by drawings of churches and the arms of the two aldermen of the wards, 1755; plan showing the division of the City of London into Wards, with the number of common councilmen representing each ward, 1822; map of the Wards of Cheap, Cordwainer, Vintry and Walbrook to accompany the Act of Common Council to alter the boundaries of those wards, 1957; map of the wards of Aldersgate, Cripplegate and Farringdon Within to accompany the Act of Common Council to alter the boundaries of those wards, 1969; map of the Wards of Cheap, Cordwainer, Vintry and Walbrook to accompany Act of Common Council, 1971; outline plan of Greater London, showing the approximate boundaries of London Borough Administrative Areas, 1970.

        Maps showing public sewers within the City of London, showing Inspector's Districts, 1841-1853; map of London and its environs showing the boundary of the jurisdiction of the Metropolitan Board of Works, the boundaries of the City of London, and the boundaries of the water companies' districts, 1884; plans and sections of the proposed works by the London Sewage Chemical Manure Company in Westminster, Barmondsey and Lambeth, 1846; plan and sections of the proposed works of the London Drainage Company to drain the Metropolis and preserve the Thames from impurities, 1847-1853; sewers and electricity mains, 1902-1909; London Electric Supply Company high pressure mains, 1909; London County Council unfiltered water mains, 1944; boundaries and area of the Coal Duty with locations of coal posts, [1846] and [1959]; plan showing police divisions of the City of London and also areas of jurisdiction of the Guildhall and Mansion House Justice Rooms, 1914; carriageway traffic in the City of London for one day of 12 hours, 1903; plan showing existing and proposed pedestrian crossings, 1914; plan marked to show the location of accidents involving pedestrians, 1966; maps relating to Stopping up of Public Paths Orders, 1970-1981. Maps showing land in the City owned by different companies including City Livery Companies, Central London Electricity Ltd, with service positions, Cable and Wireless Ltd, the General Post Office and the Port of London Authority, 1947; preliminary survey, preservation of trees, 1950; plan of City showing the location of public conveniences, 1968 and plan of the City of London showing the positions of five hydrants as fixed by the Corporation, and also police and fire brigade stations and five alarm posts, 1880.

        Plans relating to general urban development including plan showing numbering of street properties, 1842; plan of the City of London showing slum property presented in the Medical Officer's Report as being in need of rebuilding, 1880, plan of the City of London, showing 21 sites proposed to be dealt with by the Medical Officer of Health under the Artizans and Labourers Dwellings Improvement Act 1875; diagrams showing restrictions on height of buildings and the percentage of a site which may be occupied under the Town Planning Scheme, 1938-1939; survey of the North Lambeth and Southwark redevelopment area, showing borough and wood boundaries; age and condition of buildings; church property; education; licensed premises; industry, commerce and railways; health and social services; and open spaces, 1945; maps relating to Compulsory Purchase Orders, 1950-1982; maps attached to the London County Council Development Plan, 1962.

        General plans of the Thames and other waterways including plan of the Maze Ponds, being a portion of the survey of the water courses, streams and ponds belonging to Battle Mills, 1680; surveys of the Thames, 1770-1839; 32 sheets of plans and sections of the River Thames at various points showing tidal observations, navigational and geological points and other observations, 1833 - 1882; plan of sections of the River Thames appointed by the Corporation of London as places for colliers to anchor on their entrance into the port, 1838; 37 sheets of plans and sections showing proposed works for the improvement of the navigation of the River Lee, 1849 - 1850; plan of the River Lea, Middlesex, 1881; diagrams of tidal observations taken from Deptford, Erith Pier, Gravesend Pier, Teddington Lock and Southend Pier every day from 13 September to 30 November 1882; and hydrographic survey of the Thames from Blackfriars Bridge to London Bridge, 1958.

        Plans of Corporation of London properties including plan of Guildhall Yard, showing the vicarage and the Comptroller's house, 1681; plan and sections of a design for a muniment room at the Guildhall, 1835; plan of the Town Clerk's House, Guildhall, 1859-1860; 22 black and white photographs and drawings of the Guildhall, collected during restoration work in 1910 for use by Sydney Perks, late City Architect and Surveyor, in his 'Essays on Old London'; plans for the extension for new offices and committee rooms, 1926 - 1927; plan of the Guildhall Crypt as it appeared in the early part of the fifteenth century, 1927; plans for the reconstruction of the Guildhall by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, 1935-1968. Also proposals for the site of the Mansion House, including at Stocks Market by George Dance the Elder, 1730s and by John James, 1735-1737, and on Leadenhall Street, by John James, 1735-1737 and by James Gibbs, 1735; plans of Mansion House, 1930 and 1953; Bridgehouse offices and yard, 1790-1793; alterations at the Sessions House, 1806; Commissioners of Sewers offices, 1860-1896; Barbican South Block, 1962-1971 and the Museum of London, 1964-1971.

        Plans of hospitals, workhouses, schools and prisons including plan of Christ's Hospital premises adjoining London Wall, showing distiller's house and workhouse, Aldersgate Churchyard and parish workhouse, town ditch, hospital churchyard, a brewhouse and the passage to Little Britain, [1750]; plan of part of old Bethlem Burying Ground, 1773; design for a new entrance to Christ's Hospital, 1832; plan of Bethlehem Hospital and King Edward's School, 1894; plan of land on lease to the City of London Mental Hospital, Kent, Dartford, 1909 and plan of land behind the Hospital, 1917; Christ's Hospital offices, Tower Street, 1913; plan of the new Bethlem Hospital, 1926; plan of the Bethlem Royal Hospital estate at Monks Orchard, Beckenham, 1928 and 1937; St Bartholomew's Hospital plans, 1928-1929; plans of the Golden Lane Mortuary, 1911-1950; plan for letting ground for building on the site occupied by the London Workhouse and for erecting a dwelling house and school rooms for children, 1823; plan for letting on building leases the site of the late London Workhouse, Bishopsgate Street, 1830-1831; proposed workhouse for the West London Union, Cornwallis Road, Upper Holloway, [1863]; proposals for site of the City of London School in Islington, 1833, and in Honey Lane Market, 1835; plan and elevations of the City of London Freemen's School, 1854-1926; plan of the Cordwainer and Bread Street Schools, 1852; plans of the City of London School, Grove Park, Kent, 1924; plans of the Freemen's School at Ashtead Park, showing the allocation of rooms on each floor in the school and mansion, 1929-1939; plan of new building at City of London School for Boys, 1936; plans of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, 1970-1973; plans of the former site of the City of London School for Girls and Guildhall School of Music at John Carpenter Street, 1977; plan of Gresham College with its grounds and almshouses, [1700]; plan of property belonging to the London, Gresham and Rogers almhous es on the Ferndale Road, 1901; broadsheets describing the state of the Newgate gaol [ such as number of prisoners, offences, numbers executed], 1785-1792; plans of Newgate gaol, 1757-1848; plans of Giltspur Street Compter, 1800 and 1848, Southwark Compter, 1848 and Whitecross Street Compter, 1848.

        Plans, maps and diagrams of London markets, including survey and plans of Leadenhall Market, 1677-1981, plans for improvements at Leadenhall and Smithfield markets, by Horace Jones, 1868-1881; plans of Smithfield, 1837-1868, and plans of London Central Market [Smithfield] including plan of the Southern Railway route below the market, showing proposed works to the substructure, 1923, the Meat Inspection Offices at London Central Market, 1930 and 1980 and plans of the market, 1937 and 1958-1969; plan and section of Billingsgate Market showing the supply of water, ventilation and drainage to the market, 1850, and other plans 1856-1980, plans of stalls at Newgate Market, 1692-1860; plans of Spitalfields Market 1900-1974 including photographs 1912-1934; map of East London showing the situation of 11 proposed sites for a foreign cattle market, 1870; plans of the Foreign Cattle Market, Deptford, showing the quantity of cattle pens and the layout of the slaughter houses, 1871-1902, including photographs, 1872; plans of Fleet Market, 1737 and 1799; plans of Farringdon Market, 1824-1828; map of East London, showing the proposed site of a metropolitan fish market at Shadwell and including a proposed subway for foot and carriage traffic under the Thames, 1881; plan of Stocks Market, off The Poultry, 1692; and plans of Honey Lane Market, showing the dimensions of the roads and adjoining areas and of the stalls, including the member of each, 1692, 1781 and 1833. Plans showing proposed sites for the new Metropolitan Cattle market including sites at Acton; Crouch End Road, off Seven Sisters Road; Bow Common; Wanstead Flats; Blackwall; Duckets Farm Tottenham; Church End, Finchley, off the Great North Road and Brentford, 1832-1852; plan of the proposed layout for the estate of Samuel Pocock, Esquire at Islington, including the new cattle market and Caledonian Road, 1855; coloured lithograph of the Inauguration of the New Metropolitan Cattle Market, 1855; plan o f the Metropolitan Cattle Market, showing approach roads, public houses, and the layout of the market place, 1855; plan of the decoration for the first stone to be laid in the new clock tower, including all the names of the members of the Metropolitan Cattle Market Committee, 1854; plans of the Metropolitan Cattle Market, 1916-1963, including plan of war time use; graph showing fluctuation in the number of cattle, sheep, calves and pigs slaughtered at the Metropolitan Cattle Market between 1912 and 1955 and photographs of visit of H.R.H. the Prince of Wales to the abattoir in connection with the inauguration by the Ministry of Agriculture of their Scheme for the grading of cattle carcases, 23 Oct 1929.

        Site plans, elevations and sections of individual properties including plan of the Rose Tavern near Poultry Compter, [1500]; plan of 8 tenements belonging to the Bridge House Estates on the north-side of Newgate Market Street, showing the names of each tenant and the extent of their plots, 1616; two plans of houses in Old Bethlem belonging to City Lands Estates, [1676]; plan of properties belonging to the Bridge House Estates showing tenements in Black Raven Court, off Golden Lane, 1714; plan of Conduit Mead property off Bond Street and Grafton Street, giving detailed measurements and plot boundaries, 1733; plans of the Conduit Mead estate, 1736 and 1807; plans of properties and streets in Deptford, including canals and docks, 1760-1932; properties along Blackfriars Road, [1760] and 1815-1892; plan and elevation of property belonging to the Bridge House Estates in and around Angel Court, Bishopsgate Street, 1764; properties and streets in St George's Fields, 1768-1859; properties on the Minories, 1774-1798; properties on Butcher Row, 1775; properties on Fenchurch Street, 1776-1908; plan of ground in Blackman Street and part of King's Bench Prison, 1777; properties in Lewisham, especially High Street, 1795-1921; City Lands property, 1799; plan of Limehouse fronting the river, showing the various premises and their owners, and also the position of the footpath to Poplar, 1799; ground plan of East India House, Leadenhall Street, 1800; plan of Blackwall fronting the river, showing the various premises and their owners, 1800; the Stock Exchange and vicinity, 1802; properties on Mill Lane, including Borough Compter and Hayes's Wharf, 1803-1859; properties on Paternoster Row, 1803-1913; plan of premises belonging to Messrs Jukes, Coulson and Company at Limehouse, 1808; the London Coffee House, Ludgate Hill, 1812; properties in Tooley Street, 1813-1912; the General Post Office, St Martin's le Grand, 1819-1828; Coleman Street Ward Watch House, 1824; properties on London Wall, 1824-1969; properties in Wood Street, 1829-1938; estate at Mile End Road, Bromley by Bow, belonging to Emanuel Goodhant, 1833; the Royal Exchange, 1838-1844 and 1938; Bishopsgate Street properties, [1830]-1940 and 1966; properties on Newgate Street, 1840-1908; properties in White Street, Bermondsey, 1842-1928; properties on Old Kent Road, 1843-1907; various public conveniences [toilets] and urinals, 1845-1914; properties on Leadenhall Street, 1846-1917; properties along Borough Road, 1854-1936; The Coal Exchange, including Roman ruins in basement, 1859 and 1950-1968; properties on Queen Victoria Street, 1862-1936; premises at No. 10 Bury Court, St Mary Axe, 1868; plan of alterations and repairs proposed for 'The Lamb Tavern', Islington, 1875; artisan's dwellings at the Petticoat Square housing development, 1879-1902; various artisan's dwellings developments, 1879-1881, including plans and sections of the artesian well proposed by the Hydraulic Rapid Boring Company to supply the development at Petticoat Square, 1887-1892; properties in Westminster Bridge Road, 1892-1922; properties on Eldon Street near Finsbury Circus, 1898-1901; plan of property on the corner of Blomfield Street and Eldon Street, late the Royal London Ophthalmic Hospital, 1900; underground convenience [toilet] near Blackfriars Bridge, 1912; Ilford Housing project, 1913-1923; Hutchison Street Area Housing, 1919-1930; plans of The Circus No. 7, Queen's Court Nos. 1-4 and Vine Street No. 3 and 5, 1925; general plans of the artisan's dwellings at Middlesex Street Estate, 1926-1928, also plans of properties on the estate including proposed reconstruction of Kings Flats, 1957-1958, Dutton House improvements, 1961-1962, and scheme to demolish flats on the estate, 1967-1973; proposals for Devonshire House, Bishopsgate, 1928; Meat Inspection Offices, Charterhouse Street, 1930; plan of the property of the City Parochial Foundation's Southwark Es tate on Southwark Bridge Road, 1936; Holloway Housing Estate, including property purchased from HMP Holloway, 1938-1951; fire escapes at Merchant Taylor's Hall, Threadneedle Street, 1939; proposals for the Bankers' Clearing House, King William Street, 1939; rebuilding of Heal and Son Ltd, Tottenham Court Road, 1939; the Lloyd's Bank Buildings, Moorgate, 1942-1950; proposals for the Golden Lane Housing Scheme, 1951; elevation of Bucklersbury House, Queen Victoria Street, 1956; car park, Upper Thames Street, 1960-1962; development at Houndsditch, 1963 and Cavendish Telephone Exchange, Houndsditch, 1966; Telephone Exchange, Wood Street, 1964; rebuilding of head office, National Provincial Bank, Bishopsgate, 1965; Norfolk Suffolk House, Laurence Pountney Hill, 1967-1969; and No 51-53, Charterhouse Street, 1971.

        Plans and maps of street layouts, particularly improvement works, including Oxford Street, 1708-1779; plans of the Finsbury Estate, including Bunhill Fields, the Artillery Ground, Old Street and City Road, 1774, 1781 and 1802; plan for making an opening from Bride Street to the Broadway in Blackfriars, showing premises affected and the course of the Fleet Sewer, 1779; Newgate street, 1787-1963; Moorfields area, 1815-1925; plan of streets stopped up for His Majesty King William IV's visit to the City, 1830; Holborn Valley improvements, including Holborn Viaduct, 1832-1869; plan of the projected viaduct from Fetter Lane to the Old Bailey showing also the proposed extension to Chancery Lane and improvement to Farringdon Market, 1834; 'Mr Belchers plan for improvements of Holborn Hill, by a proposed viaduct from Holborn to Skinner St', [1842]; plan and sections of the proposed embankment road from Whitehall Place to Chatham Place, Blackfriars, and of the proposed embankment from Westminster Bridge to the northern pier of Hungerford Bridge, 1843; Cheapside area, 1846-1967; proposed improvements to streets, Billingsgate Ward, 1852; plan and section of the proposed embankment and public roadway on the Middlesex side of the Thames between Vauxhall Bridge and Battersea Bridge, 1852; plan of Reynolds Estate, Stratford, Essex, 1862; subways, Aldersgate Street, 1880; Middlesex Street, 1927 and 1964-1967; plans for development of St Paul's Cathedral precinct including maps superimposed with different proposals for development, including the piazza of St Peter's Rome, the Royal Academy, the Royal Fine Art Commission, Holden-Holford and William Holford [planning consultants to the City of London] proposals, 1934-1969; and diagrams of St Paul's Height Zoning to protect views of the Cathedral, 1935-1939; Houndsditch Pipe Subway extension, 1935-1937; improvements, Cannon Street - Queen Victoria Street intersection, 1947; redevelopment, Bucklersbury / Pancras Lane ar ea and Thavies Inn area, Holborn Circus, 1950; street improvements at Holborn Circus, [1959]; Moorfields development works, 1960-1966, Aldgate High Street improvements, 1963 - 1969 and Holborn Viaduct and Snow Hill redevelopment, 1965-1967.

        Plans of churches and churchyards, including ground plans of Christ Church, Newgate Street; Bridewell Chapel; Hallows Staining, Mark Lane; All Hallows, London Wall; All Hallows, Lombard Street; All Hallows, Bread Street; All Hallows Barking, Great Tower Street; Holy Trinity Church, Fetter Lane; Holy Trinity the Less; St Michael Queenhithe; St Vedast-alias-Foster; St Stephen, Coleman Street; St Stephen, Walbrook; St Swithin, London Stone; St Mary Bothaw; St Sepulchre, Holborn; St Peter, Paul's Wharf; St Peter le Poor; St Peter West Cheap; St. Paul's Cathedral and the Cathedral Churchyard; St. Gregory by St. Paul's; St. Augine, Old Change; St Pancras, Soper Lane; St Nicolas Olave; St Olave Hart Street; St Olave Silver Street; St Nicholas Cole Abbey; St Mildred, Bread Street; St Mildred the Virgin, Poultry; St Nicholas Acon; St Michael Paternoster Royal; St Michael Queenhithe; St Michael Bassishaw; St Matthew, Friday Street; St Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Bloomfield Street; St Mary Magdalen, Old Fish Street; St Mary Bothaw; St Mary le Bow, Cheapside; St Mary Abchurch; St Mary the Virgin Aldermanbury; St Martin Ludgate; St Martin Orgar; St Martin Outwich; St Martin Vintry; St Margaret, Fish Street Hill; St Magnus the Martyr; St Margaret Eastcheap; St Leonard Eastcheap; St Lawrence Pountney; St Lawrence Jewry; St John Zachary; St Katherine Cree, Leadenhall Street; St John the Baptist, Walbrook; St Giles Cripplegate; St Gregory by St Paul's; St Helen, Bishopsgate Street; St Giles Without, Cripplegate; St James, Duke's Place; St James, Garlickhithe; St Andrew Undershaft; St Andrew, Holborn; St Alphage, London Wall; St Alban Wood Street; St Bartholomew the Great, West Smithfield; St Augustine, Watling Street; St Antholin, Watling Street; St Anne and St Agnes, St Ann's Lane; St Anne Blackfriars; St Andrew by the Wardrobe, St Andrew's Hill; St Benet Fink; St Bartholomew the Less, Goswell Street; St Bartholomew the Less, Smithfield; St Botolph, Aldergate; St Bennet, Paul's Wharf; St Benet Sherehog, Pancras Lane; St Benet, Gracechurch Street; St Dunstan in the East; St Clement's, Eastcheap; St Dionis Backchurch, Lime Street; St Botolph, Bishopsgate; St Bride, Fleet Street; St Botolph, Billingsgate; St Gabriel Fenchurch, Fenchurch Street; St George, Botolph Lane; St Ethelburga, Bishopsgate Street; St Edmund the King and St Dunstan in the West, Fleet Street, all dating to 1853; plan showing alterations to St Sepulchre's Churchyard in connection with Holborn Valley improvements, 1868; plan of churchyard of St Matthew' Church, Brinton Hill, showing site of William Ward's tomb, with plan, elevation and detail of inscription, 1881? and plan of All Hallows, Lombard Street, 1938.

        Plans, diagrams and maps relating to railway lines and stations, including plans and sections of the Great Northern and City Railway, to run from Finsbury Park to Finsbury Pavement, City, 1831; extension, Commercial Railway, 1838; 19 sheets of plans and sections showing the London and Enniskellen Railway with a branch to Lough Swilly, 1844; proposed extension of the Eastern Counties Railway, from Tottenham to Farringdon Street, 1845; plan and section of the proposed extension of the London and Birmingham Railway to Farringdon Street, 1845; Central City Railway, 1851; proposed Hammersmith, Fulham and Westminster Railways, 1854; plan of London showing the Holborn and City Extension Railway from Copenhagen Tunnel to Tokenhouse Yard, 1859; plan of Wandsworth Common detailing a proposed new railway goods station and road, and highlighting the limits within which the powers of the conservators of the common extended, 1871; plans from the Metropolitan District Railway and Metropolitan Inner Circle Completion and Eastern Extension Railway, showing various stations and lines, 1875-1950; plan of Thames Haven Station (London, Tilbury and Southend Railway) showing the boundaries of the landing place for foreign animals, 1885; proposals for the Waterloo and City Railway, 1891; plans of lines and stations from various companies including the London and North Eastern Railway; Hammersmith, City and North East London Railway; Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway; Great Northern and City Railway; City and Crystal Palace Railways; Great Northern Railway; City and North East Suburban Railway; Great Northern and City Railway; City and North, Central London and Metropolitan District Railway; Central London Railway, Waterloo and City Railway, all dating between 1896-1931; plan and section of City Station tunnels showing ways to or from platforms, and terminal station of the Waterloo and City Railway at Queen Victoria Street, 1897; Cannon Street Station, 1913 and 1958-1964; plan of Moor Lane Bridge, Moorgate Station, showing the proposed widening of the bridge by the Metropolitan Railway, 1913; City Station (now Bank), 1929-1939; London Passenger Transport Board plans, 1933-1947; map of the North Eastern Railway's route through Tottenham, Hackney, Old Street and Shoreditch and Section of the North Eastern Railway's route through Hackney Parish and Tottenham parish, showing the levels of the land, 1936; Liverpool Street Station, 1937 and 1981-1982; proposed interchange of Old Tower Hill Station (District Line) with Fenchurch Street station, 1953; Holborn Viaduct Station, 1959; widening and realignment work on the railways at Tower Hill, Aldersgate and Moorgate, 1960; plans from London Transport for work on various stations, 1962-1982 and plans prepared for the London Docklands Railway Bill, 1982-1983.

        Plan and section of proposed tramways to run between Holborn, Clerkenwell and Islington, 1884; proposed tramways between Pimlico, Peckham and Greenwich, 1871 and proposed extension of the Metropolitan Street Tramway in the City of London and in Surrey, 1871; proposed Kensington, Westminster and City tramways, 1871; tramways and improvements, London County Council, 1913-1924. Also map of Greater London showing existing airports and the site of the proposed City of London Airport at Fairlop, Essex, 1936.

        Plans, maps and diagrams relating to bridges, including map of London and environs showing the River Thames and the River Lee, and indicating whether their bridges are free bridges, toll bridges or toll bridges to be made free, 1869; general plans of London Bridge, 1799-1800; maps and plans of the approaches to London Bridge, including plans and elevations of premises along streets redesigned by John Rennie, 1806-1836, 1842, 1875, and 1959; plan of the levels of Holborn Hill, Skinner Street, Fleet Street, Ludgate Hill and Regent Street, taken from London Bridge, 1830; plan of alteration of parapet, London Bridge footway, 1877; improvements to pedestrian access from London Bridge to London Bridge Station via Duke Street Hill, 1960?; plans showing London Bridge improvement works, 1961-1962 and plans from the London Bridge reconstruction, 1965-1968; plans and elevations of Tower Bridge, its approaches and its machinery, with some drawings and preliminary sketches by George D Stevenson (City Architect's Office), Sir Horace Jones and Sir John Wolfe-Barry, 1886-1899; elevations and sections of the bascules, Tower Bridge, 1903; arrangement of steam pumping engine counters, with details of fittings for both engine rooms, Tower Bridge, 1906; arrangement of Motlerup's Lubricators to steam pumping engines, with detail of fittings for same, Tower Bridge, 1913; approximate positions of lamps lighted by the Corporation on Tower Bridge, 1921 and 'A' and 'B' Pumping Engines, Tower Bridge, 1935. Map of Blackfriars Bridge approach roads, 1768; general plans of Blackfriars Bridge, 1820-1870, 1906 and 1959 and plans of improvements to Blackfriars Bridge, including changes to street layout, 1961-1969. Plan and elevation of the proposed Prince's Bridge at Vauxhall across the River Thames, 1805; plans of proposed additions to the width of Peg's Hole Bridge, Stratford and St Michael's Bridge, Stratford with their south elevations, 1847; plan of Southwark Bridge, 1904 and plans for the reconstruction of Southwark Bridge, 1912-1920; plan for the never built St Paul's Bridge, 1911 and diagram of the Southwark Bridge intersection with Queen Street Place, Queen Street and Upper Thames Street, 1968.

        Plans of wharves and docks including plan of Stone Wharf, Hannott Wharf, and Ramseys Wharf, showing the properties there including Justice Hartley, George Ale House, Captain Metcalfe and the Comptroller's House, 1710; plan of Billingsgate Dock showing adjoining premises and encroachments on the dock, 1700s; the Hay's Wharf area, 1803-1859; plan of alterations to Billingsgate Market and Dock showing the layout of the sheds, tables and flaps, and naming the premises or occupiers of houses behind the Piazza, 1828-1829; wharfs and quays between London Bridge and Billingsgate, 1838; general plans of Letts Wharf, 1876-1897 and diagrams showing sections of Fryer's Destructor Apparatus [a rubbish incinerator], Letts Wharf, 1887; plans and photographs of Hornchurch Wharf, Essex, 1897-1953; proposals for a dam, locks and sluices at Gravesend, Thames Harbour, 1905; Fresh Wharf, Lower Thames Street, Adelaide Place and the riverside east of London Bridge, 1909 and 1913; Letts Wharf, 1937 and map of the River Thames from Teddington to the Nove, showing the limits of the Port of London Authority and including a detailed map of the docks and communications, 1950.;Maps and plans of parks, gardens and cemeteries, including maps of Epping Forest, 1865-1882 and 1921-1968, including maps of areas where horse riding is not permitted and plan of pavilion, dais and refreshment tents for Queen Victoria's visit, 1882; plans of Burnham Beeches and East Burnham, 1808-1899, also War Department Requisition diagrammatic plans of Prisoner of War camp, huts occupied by squatters, built-up areas, huts awaiting removal and huts not being dealt with, 1946-1950 and the Macros Cottage and tearooms, Burnham Beeches, 1958; maps of West Ham Park, 1873 and 1895, also cottage and lodge, West Ham Park, prior to destruction by enemy action in World War Two; boundary survey with details of adjacent properties, West Wickham Common, [1900]; proposals for a new bandstand, Finsbury Circus Gardens, 1955; plans showing proposed open space at St Mary Aldermanbury, 1968; plan of Kenley Common showing tracks and areas suitable to be ridden over, 1934 and plans showing proposals for the post war reinstatement of Kenley Common, including removal of temporary installations and repair of bomb damage, 194-; plan of Coulsdon Common, Surrey, 1869 and plan of Coulsdon Common showing tracks suitable to be ridden over, 1934; plan of Farthing Downs and Fairdean Downs, Surrey, 1871 and plan of Farthing Downs showing tracks suitable to be ridden over, 1934; plan of Riddles Down, Surrey, 1912 and plan of Riddles Down showing tracks suitable to be ridden over, 1934; plan of North Woolwich Gardens, Woolwich, 1889; plan of Merton and Morden Urban District Council area showing Morden Park, 1936; plan of land at Kilburn commissioned under the Highgate and Kilburn open spaces Act 1886, showing 30 acres of land between Kensal Green Railway Station and Queen's Park Railway Station, 1886 and plan of a public park for Kilburn [Queen's Park], 1887; plan commissioned under the Highgate and Kilburn Open Spaces Act 1886 showing 30 acres of land at Highgate between Highgate Railway Station, the Alexandra Park Branch and the Edgware Highgate and London (Tunnel) Line of the Great Northern Railway, 1886; plan of the proposed layout for Gravel Pit Wood, Highgate, 1886; plan for new vaults, Bunhill Fields Burial Ground, 1833; proposals to turn Bunhill Fields into a public garden, 1950-1959; plan of Alders Brook Farm in the parishes of Wanstead and Little Ilford in the County of Essex, surveyed in 1853 for suitability to become the City of London Cemetery; maps and plans of the City of London Cemetery and buildings on site, 1854-1855 and 1903-1928, including plans of the catacombs, dissenting or non-conformist chapels, Episcopal chapels, entrance gates, superintendent's house, old crematorium and public conveniences.

        Plans of monuments, including proposals for improvements at Temple Bar, 1795 and 1834; elevation of Temple Bar facing the Strand, 1877; plan, sections and elevation of the Monument, drawn while undergoing repair, 1888; plans relating to re-erection of a statue of King William IV at St Mary's Church, Greenwich, 1936; proposal to re-erect statue of Sir Robert Peel in Aldersgate, 1951 and tracing of measurements of the Waithman Memorial [to Robert Waithman, Lord Mayor 1823-1824] with plan of proposed location for re-erection in St Bartholomew Close, 195-; proposals for re-erection of Temple Bar on the Embankment, 1950-1952 and proposals for re-erection in St. Paul's Churchyard, 1979 [Temple Bar was dismantled and sold, and re-erected in Theobalds Park, Hertfordshire until 2004 when it returned to the City].

        Maps and plans of the Corporation owned Brandesburton Estate in Yorkshire, part of the bequest by Lady Anne Dacre, including a survey by John Brown, 1732 and plans of various estate properties, 1700-1917.

        Maps and plans relating to the Second World War, including plan of the First Aid and Gas Cleansing Station at Great St Helens, 1938-1939; maps of the City showing the provision of public and private air raid shelters, and identifying areas where more shelters are needed, 1938-1940; plans and sections of air raid shelters, 1938-1949; map of the City showing divisional police stations, fire alarm posts, ambulance call boxes, and so on, 1939; maps of the City of London marked into areas of civil defence, showing positions of warden's posts and police and warden's divisions, 1940; plans showing air raid damage in the City, marking total destruction, demolition necessary, serious damage and slight damage, 1940-1944; map of area covered by Fire Watchers Squad No. 4, in the Vicinity of the Coal Exchange, 1941; map of the City showing buildings demolished or in course of demolition, buildings destroyed and partially demolished, churches destroyed, static water tanks and so on, 1942; plan showing the districts of No. 36 Fire Force, covering the eastern half of the City of London, parts of Middlesex, and parts of Essex, 1944; general plan of the City showing site of fly bomb incidents in 1944; plan of London showing licensed premises, including those damaged, [1940]; plans of the Camomile Street area post-war redevelopment, including plan showing bomb damage, 1948; maps prepared under theWar Damaged Sites Act 1949, 1950 and redevelopment, Barbican area, 1954 - 1959, including plan of war damage.

        Copy of a map of Deptford with remarks by John Evelyn, 1600s; plan of the Society of Apothecaries Physic Garden, Chelsea, 1725; poster showing "Rules, Orders and Regulations for the preservation of brood and fry of fish in the River of Thames and Waters of Medway within the jurisdiction of the City of London", 1754-1755; plans of the Pneumatic Despatch Co. Ltd. accompanying notices of intention to open and break up portions of the Holborn Viaduct for the purposes of laying their pneumatic dispatch tube, 1869; Post Office plan of pneumatic tube between Farringdon Street and St. Martin's le Grand, 1869?; sketch and photograph of the Aldgate pump, 1887; plans drawn by W H Poole of the City Police showing the crime scenes, Houndsditch Murders, 1911; plan of the Daily Sketch and Sunday Herald Pneumatic Pipe, 1925; plan and section of Leathern Doublet Sewer under City of London Brewery, Upper Thames Street, 1935; plans showing the proposed location of the Festival of Britain, 1951 and proposals for a refuse tip at Mucking, Stanford le Hope, Essex, 1954-1959.

        Sin título
        PLANNING DEPARTMENT: ADMINISTRATION
        COL/PLD/AD · Colección · 1936-1986
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Registered plans from the Planning Department, 1936-1986, comprising plans, sections, elevations and photographs registered with the Planning Department as part of planning applications. Most of the buildings featured in the plans have now been demolished. The buildings include offices, public houses, schools, Livery Company Halls, restaurants, railway and underground stations, kiosks, warehouses, shops, banks, wharves, car parks, the Mermaid Theatre, the Golden Lane Coroner's Court and Mortuary, proposals for a riverside helicopter station on Upper Thames Street and a proposal to moor the paddle steamer 'Medway Queen' near Blackfriars Bridge, 1936-1986.

        Sin título
        PLANNING DEPARTMENT: PLANS
        COL/PLD/PL · Colección · 1752-1979
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Plans used by the City Architect, Planning Department, 1752-1979, including plans, diagrams, maps and photographs of City of London and Greater London housing estates, offices, warehouses, wharves, churches, railway stations and tunnels, police stations, public houses, schools and colleges, the Guildhall complex, Mansion House, markets (including the Metropolitan Cattle Market, Spitalfields, Billingsgate, Leadenhall and London Central Market), streets, squares, bridge approach roads, City of London Cemetery, courts, Bunhill Fields Burial Ground, open spaces, parks and gardens, the Monument and sewer systems, 1752-1979.

        Also plans of Tower Pier, 1827-1828; Victoria Embankment, 1910, including proposals for a miniature rifle range; plans of the proposed site for Fairlop Airport, Essex, 1938-1950; War Department plans of Burnham Beeches, 1940-1946; anti tank ditches in Epping Forest, 1945; tracings of sites of Temple Bar and Temple Bar Memorial, with tracings of elevations and detail of Memorial, and notes on history, sculptors etc, also includes tracings of Queen Anne's Statue in front of St. Paul's Cathedral, 1960.

        Sin título
        COL/TSD/AD · Colección · 1968-1997
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Technical Services Department building project files created to manage individual construction projects undertaken by the Corporation of London. Files for the City of London School rebuilding, 1983-1986, including project background file giving information about the historical evolution of the project, 1968-1982, and the project manual which provides general information on the running of the project, as well as progress reports, technical information, architectural sketches, correspondence, plans, archaeological details and legal papers, 1973-1991. Also files for the Craft, Design and Technology (CDT) block, constructed 1990-1993, including design notes and sketches, reports, correspondence, certificates, bills, tenders and technical information, 1984-1995.

        Also files for the conversion of the National Safe Deposit into the City of London Magistrate's Court, 1988-1991, including plans, reports, minutes of meetings, correspondence, diagrams, technical information and the project manual, 1986-1997.

        Sin título
        TECHNICAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT: PLANS
        COL/TSD/PL · Colección · 1838-1980
        Parte de CORPORATION OF LONDON

        Plans from the Technical Services Department, Corporation of London, including plans of sewers constructed in the City, 1838-1855, originally from the City Sewers Office; Engineering department plans showing improvements to the Corn Exchange, Mark Lane, 1870; changes to Chapel Street and Silk Street, 1877; improvements to Carter Lane and surrounding streets, 1875; improvements on Ludgate Hill and Creed Lane, 1882-1885 and St Paul's Churchyard, 1890; plan of the proposed route of the Central London Railway [Central Line] going through the City, 1890; plan and section of City Station on the Central London Railway [now Bank Station, Central Line], 1893; plan of Waithman Street with the London, Chatham and Dover Railway line, 1896; the proposed site of the Cleansing Department, Cannon Street, 1951; plans of Cleansing Department Depot and Wharf, Dowgate Dock, 1959.

        Also volumes of 'Insurance Plans of London', 1886 - 1925; Ordnance Survey maps of London, 1848-1851, 1875, 1894-1896 and 1911-1921 and Ordnance Survey minor control point [reference points for mapping] albums of the City of London, 1940-1980, presented by the Ordnance Survey Records Department.

        Sin título